What is it?
Maine Civic Hack Day (www.civichack.me) is an event focused on solving community problems. Currently we are in the process of soliciting problem definitions from the community. These problems, or challenges, can take a wide array of forms. During the event we will work to provide a prototype solution to the problem. The event is focused on these goals:
* Building prototype solutions to real problems
* Forming new connections between our community members
* Demonstrating interesting approaches to solving problems
* Inspiring new initiatives and collaborations
All of these goals are placed in the theme of improving the quality of life in our communities.
How could you fit into this?
Here’s a few possibilities to consider:
* Providing challenges to the participants based on real problems you experience in your work
* Offering up data sets which could be used to quantify a problem, potentially allowing it to be presented in a new light
* Promoting the event
* Offering incentives to participants in the form of prizes, experiences, or some form of recognition
* Visiting the event
A National effort
This is part of a National effort called the “National Day of Civic Hacking” www.hackforchange.org