NEWPORT — Organizers of the first Harvest Health and Safety Expo to be held 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, at Newport Recreation Center, 81 North St., are looking for vendors to participate.
Everyone is so busy these days. Health and safety can sometimes take a backseat. It seems just when we think we understand how to best care for ourselves and our families, things change. New guidelines are always appearing. What’s the latest?
- Do you know how much exercise per week is optimum?
- Do you know how many servings of produce and dairy to have a day?
- What’s the deal with supplements?
- Is your home/car as safe as it could be?
- Do you know what you should have in your car in case of emergency?
- Do you know where to turn in your own neighborhood for medical help, or good, healthy food?
- How about exercise programs, massage therapy, traditional and non-traditional medicine?
- Who do we talk to about how to make our homes safe?
We want to make the Harvest health and Safety Expo an answer to many of these questions. We need vendors who specialize in both traditional and nontraditional medicine and wellness options. If you have ways to make people safe and/or healthy, this is the event for you. Are you a vendor that offers wholesome food? How about food options (vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, etc.)? This is the event for you too! Safety in homes and all types of vehicles is something we all need. How about keeping your finances safe? We also want to offer fun activities for the kiddos and food samplings, is that something that you offer?
For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kimberly Lander at 207-341-0787.