December 15, 2017
Community News Latest News | Poll Questions | Net Neutrality | Republican Tax Bill | Susan Collins

Internet and the technological revolution that is changing the world

Community Author:
Post Date:

How will the Internet evolve in the coming years? The Internet is already a consolidated environment, which continues to advance inexorably, slowly but surely. As reflected in the report by Marketingquery, the Internet growth this year is expected to be no less than 10%.

Meanwhile, the development of smart mobile devices has only just begun, the market for smartphones grew 20% last year. Despite this, the mobile market still remains a long way ahead, since, at present, only a third of the phones are smartphones.

Also notable is the large increase in online traffic recorded through these terminals. Mobile demands rose 81%, helped mainly by online video consumption. We cannot forget the important role of the tablets, where the percentage of sales increased 51% this year, a significantly faster increase than that experienced by notebooks and pcs. There are an estimated 439 million tablet users worldwide, representing 6% of the population.

Digital Advertising

The most noticeable change that can be seen in the study is the increase in the demand for content by users. The advertising industry has also been able to adapt to the publisher. Based on data from Marketingquery we see an annual growth of 16%. Special mention to mobile advertising, a medium that still has a low representation in the total ad spend, too low, when you consider the time that users spend on this media.

Internet advertising, which means users spend 25% of their time, represents 22% of the overall budget, which implies a volume of 43 billion dollars. Instead, the mobile investment is reduced to 4%, 7 billion dollars; being a medium that accounts for 20% of users’ time.

Users increasingly share more in a private setting

The report from Marketingquery shows a disaffection by users on major social platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter, for the exchange of content to small and selected groups of individuals. One advantage that allow messaging services, WhatsApp or Snapchat type.

E-commerce will continue to advance implacable

E-commerce has been a new momentum in the first quarter. The data provided shows a growth of 12% over the same period last year in the United States. This growth involves a volume of over 56 billion sales and confirms the upward trend of online commerce. Since the first quarter of 2010, during most of the quarter, the sector has grown at least 10%.

Data shows optimism about the evolution of online commerce. According to their estimates, it is expected that this year the turnover recorded by retailers exceed 304 billion dollars, which implies an increase of 15.5% over the previous year.

Once more, mobile devices are gaining positions. The Marketingquery report indicates that sales volume recorded through mobile devices reached 7 billion, of which, smartphones accounted for 62% of them, leaving the remaining 38% to tablets.

In the online era, the outlook may show an increasing interest from users. Growth progresses from the very technology adoption in our day to day. Find more information about the reports at