March 19, 2018
Community News Latest News | Poll Questions | Death Penalty | Austin Bombing | Andrew McCabe

Breast Cancer Symposium A Great Success

Community Author:
Post Date:
Bill Nemitz moderated this panel discussion of breast cancer prevention, screening and treatment.

UBS Financial Services partnered with the Maine Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure and American Cancer Society to offer a Breast Cancer Symposium at USM in Portland on May 24th. With nearly 200 attendees and 18 exhibitors, the event was informative for breast cancer survivors and the general public alike.

The Maine Affiliate of Susan G. Komen was established in 1997 and serves the entire state. Through events like the Race for the Cure, which are held in both Portland and Bangor in September, Komen raises funds to help underserved populations. 75% of net funds raised are invested in education, screening and treatment programs in Maine, while the remaining 25% funds innovative breast cancer research to find the cures. To date, Komen Maine has invested nearly $2.6 million in our local communities.

Any business, club or other organization interested in hosting a breast cancer educational event may contact the Komen Maine Affiliate at 207-262-7117 or