PORTLAND, Maine — Maine International Trade Center and Commerce RI’s International Trade Program will partner to host a “Best of New England” exhibit booth at the 2014 Marine Equipment Trade Show Nov. 18-20, in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Maine companies interested in exhibiting are encouraged to participate as part of the joint booth in the U.S.A. Pavilion.
METS is the largest, most comprehensive B2B leisure marine equipment trade show globally, drawing more than 19,000 visitors annually. Attendees include yacht and boat builders, naval architects, repair yards, distributors, captains, marina developers, and equipment manufacturers from around the world.
“European countries have long been in the top ten export partners for Maine boat builders and marine technology manufacturers,” said Janine Cary, Maine International Trade Center president, in a press release. “We are excited to promote the high-quality, hand-crafted products being made here in Maine.”
Susan Swanton, Director of the Maine Marine Trade Association (MMTA), agreed that the show will be beneficial for Maine companies, commenting, “MMTA is delighted that MITC understands the value of our industry and is taking such bold steps to help us build critical relationships in the European market.”
The exhibit booth is large enough to accommodate at least six companies – ideally three from Rhode Island and three from Maine. The partnership between Rhode Island and Maine broadens the base of eligible companies and builds momentum to successfully market the booth.
The special exhibitor fee for the “Best of New England” booth is $4,500 and includes:
- Pre-show and on-site support and coordination – including registration, hotel, booth needs, shipping and invoicing – from state trade staff, NMMA’s export development director and U.S. Department of Commerce representatives to ensure you take full advantage of this opportunity.
- A pre-show networking lunch, allowing you to make acquaintance with fellow exhibitors.
- Increased exposure through an aggressive marketing campaign that includes coverage in The Daily News and the METS official show catalog to drive maximum traffic through the booth.
- METSTRADE.com, an online B2B resource with appointment module.
- Daily refreshments at the NMMA booth.
- A networking cocktail reception with live music for all U.S.A. Pavilion exhibitors with unlimited invitations for your clients and industry contacts.
The state agencies will also be working with the National Marine Manufacturers Association and the U.S. Commercial Service.
The final registration deadline is May 15, and space is limited.