November 23, 2017
Lewiston-Auburn Latest News | Poll Questions | Charlie Rose | North Korea | Sexual Harassment

Lebanon man, 75, gets trapped in furnace vent, dies

By Nik Beimler, Foster's Daily Democrat
Updated:

LEBANON, Maine — A 75-year-old man died after getting trapped in his furnace vent.

Fire Chief Dan Meehan said fire and rescue personnel went to 423 Little River Road about 6 p.m. Wednesday after receiving a call.

“He had an old furnace with a grate in the floor,” Meehan said. “He had removed the grate and must have been changing the filter and fell inside headfirst.”

Medical crews attempted CPR on the man, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

The identity of the man has not yet been released.

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

 


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like