BREWER — Brewer Days, the event that marks the end of summer and the beginning of fall along the banks of the Penobscot, will take place Friday through Sunday, Sept. 5-7, at various venues throughout the city, including Doyle Field and Brewer Auditorium.
The schedule is:
Friday, Sept. 5
• Ninth annual Brewer Youth Hockey family barbecue of hamburgers and hotdogs, 6-8 p.m., Brewer Auditorium.
• Brewer Hometown Band — the Official City Ambassadors — 6-7 p.m., Brewer Auditorium.
• Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year winners announced by Mayor Jerry Goss, 6:30 p.m., Brewer Auditorium.
• Family street dance and block party with music by DJ Hart, 7-9:30 p.m., auditorium parking lot. Underwritten by Joel and Jacquelyn Dearborn.
• Fireworks, 9 p.m. Underwritten by Brewer Federal Credit Union and the city of Brewer.
Saturday, Sept. 6
• Brewer Kiwanis pancake breakfast, 7-9:30 a.m., Brewer Auditorium. $4, $2 children.
• Brewer farmers market, 8 a.m.- 1p.m., auditorium parking lot.
• Brewer Youth Soccer League, kindergarten through grade five, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Doyle Field.
• Children’s carnival and activities, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m., auditorium parking lot. Face painting, inflatable slide, games, displays. Underwritten by Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems.
• Brewer police and fire department displays and demonstrations, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., auditorium parking lot.
• Zumba demonstration, 10 a.m., auditorium stage.
• Children’s pony rides, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., auditorium complex. $2.
• The RetroRockerz, music from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, 11 a.m.-12:15 p.m., East Stage. Underwritten by Machias Savings Bank.
• Allison Ames Band, country rock, West Stage, 12:15-1:30 p.m., West Stage. Underwritten by Marden’s.
• Ian Black Band, classic rock, 1:30-2:45 p.m., East Stage. Underwritten by Brewer Center for Health and Rehabilitation.
• Maine Traditional Karate demonstration, 2 p.m., auditorium stage.
• Children’s money grab for those age 6 to 12, 2:45-3:30 p.m., auditorium stage.
• Giant water slide with the Brewer Police Department, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Doyle Field.
• Free public skating, 4-6 p.m., Penobscot Ice Arena, Acme Field.
• Zombies and Witches 5K run, 5 p.m., Brewer Community School.
• Brewer Historical Society spaghetti supper, 5-6:30 p.m., Brewer Auditorium. $6. Also, silent auction.
Sunday, Sept. 7.
• Seventh annual Brewer Days Car Show sponsored by Brewer Boy Scout Troop 15, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Snap Space parking lot, 55 Baker Blvd. in the Brewer Industrial Park. Music, food, prizes, children’s games.