HERMON, Maine — Brenton Parritt of Steuben took the lead from Hermon’s John Curtis Jr. on lap 38 of the 50-lap Hopkins Landscaping and Paving series race Saturday night at Speedway 95 and won that night’s feature event as well as the overall title for the three-race series.
John Kalel II of Orrington led the first 21 laps until a caution flag slowed the action for a spin in turn one by Wayne Parritt Jr. On the restart, Parritt got by Kalel, and led until lap 30, when Wayne Parritt Sr. brought out the yellow after a rubbing incident with Carmel’s Chris Ryan. When the green dropped again, Curtis forged ahead of Parritt to lead laps 31 through 37, when Parritt again got by Curtis to take the lead for good. Curtis finished second with Kalel finishing third. Wayne Parritt Jr. came back from his early race spin to record a fourth-place finish, and Harrington’s Andrew McLaughlin came in fifth.
Other 95 results
Darling’s Ford Sportsman: 1. Deane Smart, Bradley; 2. Karl Stanhope, Hampden; 3. Mike Overlock, Franklin; 4. D.C. Alexander, Glenburn; Pepsi Beverage Company Strictly Streets: 1. Matt Kimball, Cornville; 2. Alex Berry, Harrington; 3. Derek Terrell, Plymouth; 4. Keith Ogden, Holden; 5. Bradley Norris, Ellsworth; Coca-Cola Sport-Four: 1. Zach Audet, Skowhegan; 2. Donny Silva, Hudson; 3. Garret Hayman, Milford; 4. Dylan Street, Old Town; 5. Ted Ryder, Carmel; (Postponed races from Wednesday) — Modified 4/6/8 Cylinder: 1. Andrew Crosby, Hermon; 2. Rhonda Cain, Hermon; 3. Jeremy Scott, Carmel; 4. Rick Gomm, Dixmont; 5. Tony Clewley, Bangor; Stars of Tomorrow: 1. Nicholas Cota, Greenfield; 2. Scott Hunt Kenduskeag; 3. Steve Dunham, Carmel; 4. Jordan Moulton, Holden; 5. Marcus Dunn, Newburgh;
Stock 4/6/8 Cylinders: 1. Zach Audet, Skowhegan; 2. Kevin Hartley, Hermon; 3. Matt Kimball, Cornville; 4. Gilbert Ogden Jr., Mariaville; 5. Nathan Hatch, Holden
(At Caribou) NELCAR Legends Tour:1. Mathew Bourgoine, Newport; 2. Wyatt Alexander, Ellsworth; 3. Matt Grant, Windham; Aroostook Trusses Northern Lights: 1. Ian Rasmussen, New Denmark; 2. Shawn Dewley, Presque Isle; 3. Galen Morrow, Limestone; Aroostook Savings & Loan Street Stocks: 1. Jeff Willette, Presque Isle; 2. Jon Dixon, Presque Isle;
3. JR Howlett, Mapleton; Haney’s Building Specialties Fast Fours: 1. Nate Haney, Caribou;
2. Connor Thibeau, Fort Fairfield; 3. Steve Levesque, Blaine; Coca Cola Outlaw Sportsman:
1. Glenn Rasmussen, New Denmark; 2. Connor Thibeau, Fort Fairfield; 3. Robert Tomlinson, Arthurette, NB; Kids Karts Participants: 1. Gage Theriault, Limestone; 2. Ryder Leavitt, Fort Fairfield; 3. Issac Rossignol, New Denmark, NB; Jr. Champ Karts : 1. Damian Theriault, Caribou; 2. Landen Leavitt, Fort Fairfield;Sr. Champ Karts: 1. Wyatt Alexander of Ellsworth; 2. Tyler Raymond of Caribou; 3. Tom Hale of Westmanland
Mini Trucks: 1. Jerry McKenna, Milton; 2. Matt Weil, Biddeford; 3. Herb Farrar, Mechanic Falls;
4. Larry Marshall, Dresden; 5. Matt Curtis, Freeport; Strictly Street: 1. Corey Morgan, Lewiston;
2. Jairet Harrison, Freeport; 3. Dan Brown, Peru; 4. Kenny Harrison, Pownal; 5. Mike Brown, Union; Thunder 4’s: 1. Ryan Chadwick, Wiscasset; 2. Curtis Anderson, Richmond; 3. Trey Brown, Winterport; 4. Chandler Harrison, Freeport; 5. Nate Tribbet, Richmond; Late Model Sportsman: 1. Chris Bowie, New Gloucester; 2. Allan Moeller Sr, Dresden; 3. Josh St Clair, Liberty; 4. Dave St Clair, Liberty; 5. Shane Clark, Winterport; Enduro: 1. Kamren Knowles, West Gardiner; 2. Jeff Davis, Woolwich; 3. Zach Emerson, Sabattus; 4. Jeff Minchin Jr, Pittston;
5. Kyle Enman
Oxford Plains Speedway
(Friday, Top 5) — Allen’s Coffee-Flavored Brandy Street Stocks: 1. Ryan Hewins, Oxford; 2. Spencer Morse, Waterford; 3. Corey Morgan, Lewiston; 4. Zach Bowie, Sabattus; 5. Keith Stuart, Naples; Ripley and Fletcher Ford Outlaw Sportsman: 1. Bryce Mains, Naples; 2. Guy Childs, Sabattus; 3. Mike Haynes, Livermore Falls; 4. Steve Moon, Sabattus; 5. Deanna Bisbee, South Paris; Bandits (20 laps): 1. Shawn Hinkley, Oxford; 2. Dustin Salley; 3. Derek Cairns; 4. Cam Childs; 5. Troy Smith