Fire rips through two-bay garage in Gardiner

Posted July 25, 2014, at 1:33 p.m.

GARDINER, Maine — An electrical issue is likely to blame for a fire that flattened a two-bay, single-story garage Friday morning.

Firefighters were called to a West Street residence at 3 a.m. when a neighbor noticed the flames, according to Gardiner fire Lt. Rick Sieberg.

The garage was not attached to a residence, Sieberg said. No vehicles were inside the garage, and the fire never spread to the residence.

Fire was extending through the roof when firefighters arrived, Seiberg said, and the blaze was knocked down within a half-hour.

Nobody was injured in the fire, and Gardiner firefighters did not require any mutual aid.

Recommend this article

SEE COMMENTS →

Learn about BDN Maine Digital Marketing Solutions
Learn about BDN Maine Digital Marketing Solutions
Learn about BDN Maine Digital Marketing Solutions

Similar Articles

More in Augusta