- If calling in and you hear a busy signal or “dead air” please hang up and call back.
- If you have called in an outage previously and are calling again for an update, please check our website first before calling again. This will allow new outages to be reported more easily. Check for updates via our live outage map at http://apps.bhe.com/about/outages/Outage_Map.cfm
- Customers reporting new outages should follow the prompts as directed by the automated system.
- To further assist customers in reporting outages, they may also use our online reporting tool found at http://www.emeramaine.com/outages-and-restoration/outage-report-form/.
- Those with mobile devices may also report outages by visiting www.emeramaine.com and clicking on “Outages and Restoration” and then “Outage Report Form”.
- Anyone calling to report a line down or a tree on lines should follow the correct prompts within the automated system as these outages are given higher priority; customers who are not experiencing potentially dangerous conditions are discouraged from using that method of reporting.
Anyone experiencing an emergency situation should call 911 immediately. Emergency dispatchers will then contact Emera Maine.