Calendar runs as space permits. Items with dates take precedence over activities that occur every week. ITEMS FOR CALENDAR ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE THURSDAY OF PUBLICATION. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail The Weekly Calendar, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402.
• Young Curators exhibit, “Eight Scoops,” an exploration of varied Modernist style; “Looking Back Six Years-Part Two: Selected Recent Acquisitions;” “Awake: Paintings by Maya Brodsky,” through Sept. 20, University of Maine Museum of Art, 40 Harlow St. Free.
• Kay Carter exhibit, “Windows and Doors: Crossing Boundaries,” 8 a.m-5 p.m. Monday through Friday, June 20-Sept. 4, Robert E. White Gallery, Peabody Hall, Husson University, 1 College Circle. Artist’s reception 5-7 p.m. July 16, at the gallery.
• Maine Discovery Museum, 74 Main St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Dino Dig, tree house, sound studio, pilot a ship. $7.50. Free to members and those under age 1. 262-7200.
• Story Time, Bangor Public Library: ABC Kids, 11-11:30 a.m. Saturdays; Chapter Chums, 4-4:45 p.m. alternate Tuesdays; Creative Crafts, 4-4:45 p.m. third Thursdays; Crochet Club, 4-4:45 p.m. Fridays; Goody Gang, 4-4:45 p.m. Mondays; Maryann’s Night Story Time, 6-6:30 p.m. Thursdays; Mother Goose, 10:15-10:35 a.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays; Tiny Tots, 11-11:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursdays.
• Nature Time Drop In for preschoolers, 10-11 a.m. June 30, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $5 members, $7 others. 989-2591.
• Summer nature camp for children ages 6 to 12, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday through Friday, July 7-Aug. 8., Fields Pond Audubon Center. $200 Maine Audubon members, $250 others. Register online at maineaudubon.org. Financial assistance available, application at website.
• Children’s Bible Club, school-age children through eighth grade, 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesdays, Glad Tidings Church, 1033 Broadway. 947-0324, ext. 15.
• Aqua exercise, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Saturdays, Lura Hoit Pool,146 Western Ave. Drop in fee, $4 residents, $5 others, or purchase punch card for 12 classes, $30 residents, $42 others.
• Fitness For All, one-hour class to strengthen bodies and minds of all ages, focuses on functional exercise, agility, balance; also stretching and floor exercises, 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Newburgh Town Office. $1 per session. 922-8128.
• Dirigo Bridge Club with Steve Dyer, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, and 12:30 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, Bangor Motor Inn. Open to all bridge players. Steve Dyer, 884-7413, or Jean Martin, 989-3873.
• Paul Bunyan Chapter of BNI, 7-8:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Season’s Restaurant.
• Eastern Maine Die-cast Association, for collectors of diecast and toy vehicles, airplanes, soldiers, etc., second Mondays, at a local restaurant. 745-1345, 942-3801.
• Miniature war gamers’ re-enacting club, 10 a.m. second Saturday, Forest Avenue Congregational Church, 300 Forest Ave. 478-1598.
• Bangor Toastmasters, nonprofit educational organization teaches public speaking and leadership skills, 7 p.m. first and third Wednesdays, Beal College, 99 Farm Road. email@example.com.
• Rendez-Vous, French conversation group, 5:30-6:30 p.m. first and third Wednesdays, cafe, Books-A-Million, Bangor Mall.
• Bangor Grange, first and third Tuesdays, Bangor Grange hall, 1192 Ohio St. Potluck supper, 6 p.m.; meeting, 7 p.m. 973-3976.
• German Stammtisch language group, 5:30 p.m. second and fourth Wednesdays, Books-A-Million. 866-4992.
- Arnold R. Kelly American Legion Post 200, 7 p.m. last Thursdays, Hermon Volunteer Rescue Squad building, Billings Road. 848-5597.
• Book discussion groups: Tuesday Readers, 10 a.m. third Tuesdays; Thursday Thoughtful Readers, 3 p.m. third Thursdays; Evening Book, 6:30 p.m. third Tuesdays, Orono Public Library, 39 Pine St. 866-5060.
• Genealogy Club, meeting, 5:30-6:30 p.m. July 1, (first Tuesdays), Stockton Springs Community Library, Station and Main streets. Open to all.
• Soul Movement with Suzanne Kelly, 6-7:30 p.m. first Thursdays, Maine Holistic Center, 81 Main St. Dance, stretch, move to rhythm and blues, soul and world music. $10. Benefits center. firstname.lastname@example.org or 745-3157.
- Line dance class, Tuesday 6-7:30 p.m., Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Beginner through advanced. 922-2459.
• Bangor Singles Club dance, 8 p.m.-midnight Fridays, Brewer Eagles Club. Doors open, 7 p.m. Guests may purchase tickets at the door. New Society, June 27.
• Line dance classes, 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays, upstairs, Brewer Eagles Club, 22 Atlantic Ave. All levels. $5. Benefits Brewer Eagles Club. 852-3284.
• Bingo, 6:15 p.m. Tuesday and Saturday, Dow-Clewley VFW Post 1761, 1368 Hammond St. Doors open 4:30 p.m.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Fridays, VFW Post 4633, Canoe Club Road. Early birds, 6 p.m. Refreshments available. 862-2553.
- Spanish Conversation Table, 7 p.m. Fridays, Books A Million Bookstore, 116 Bangor Mall Blvd.
• Usual Suspects Book Club, 6 p.m. first Wednesdays, Bangor Public Library. Mystery novels.
• Bangor Area Recovery Network chem-free dances 8-11:30 p.m. Saturdays, B.A.R.N., 142 Center St.
• Open House and Victorian Garden Party, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 28. Visit one of oldest houses in Corinth, built in 1808 and under restoration. Refreshments in the garden. Rain or shine. $10. Benefits Corinth Historical Society.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Thursdays, West Glenburn Community Club, 5 Phillips Road, across from fire station. Doors open 4:30 p.m.; early birds, 5:30 p.m. 745-3067.
• Bangor Roller Derby vs. Upper Valley Vixens of Vermont, 5 p.m. June 28, Skehan Recreation Center, 1 Main Road North. Tickets, $5, free to children 12 and under. http://brdvsuvv.bpt.me/ or at the event.
• Yard sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 28, Holden Congregational Church, 925 Main Road, just before Holden Post Office on right.
• Maine 2014 Antique Paper Show: Postcards and Paper Collectibles, 8:30-3 p.m. June 28, First Congregational Church Vestry, 8 Church St. Vintage postcards, old maps, Penobscot Marine Museum historic photographs, sheet music, paper ephemera. Free appraisals for paper collectibles, 1-3 p.m. Admission $2, includes $2 off Penobscot Marine Museum admission ticket.
• Yard sale, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. June 27, and 8 a.m.- 2 p.m. and 4:30-6:30 p.m. during Heart Healthy bean supper, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St.
• Yard sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 28, Holden Congregational Church, 925 Main Road, just before the Holden Post Office on the right.
• Civil War 150: Bill Cook, “Individual Weapons of the Civil War,” 5:30-7:00, June 26, Lecture Hall, Bangor Public Library.
• Civil War 150: July 1. Brian Swartz, “Charles Tilden, 16th Maine Regiment,” 5:30-7 p.m. July 1, Lecture Hall, Bangor Public Library.
• Civil War 150: July 3. Ned Smith, book talk, “the 22nd Maine and the 2nd Maine Cavalry,” 5:30-7 p.m. July 3, Lecture Hall, Bangor Public Library.
• Civil War 150: July 7. Bill Cook, “Medicine of the Civil War,” 5:30-7 p.m. July 7, Lecture Hall, Bangor Public Library.
• Civil War 150: Professor Emeritus John Battick, “Navies of the Civil War,” 5:30-7 p.m. July 8, Lecture Hall, Bangor Public Library.
• Civil War 150: Diane Smith, Military History Book Group Special, 5:30-7, July 9, Story Room, Bangor Public Library.
• Gatherings, early history of the Bucksport area series: “Bucksport Tanneries” with Benjamin Blodget; “Orland Brickyards and Kilns” with George Sawyer, 2-3:30 p.m. July 8, Buck Memorial Library. Free. 469-2650.
• Author Jennifer Weisheit, “Then Sings My Song: How I Found God in a Nursing Home,” 1-2 p.m. July 2, Old Town Public Library, 46 Middle St. Free. 827-3972.
• “Catching the Wind” with Steve Hallee, 7 p.m. June 26, Main Street Gallery, Penobscot Marine Museum. $8 museum members, $10 others.
• Heart healthy baked bean supper, 5-6 p.m. June 28, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. Vegetarian option. $7, $3 children, $20 family.
• Breaking Bread soup kitchen, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Apostolic Lighthouse Church, 517 Hammond St. Free. 570-8107.
• Free community meal, 4-6 p.m. Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-9567.
• Free weekly meal, 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Open to all. 945-3166.
• Free community meal, noon-2 p.m. Sundays, Columbia Street Baptist Church, 63 Columbia St. 945-6616.
• Baked bean and casseroles supper, 5-6 p.m. June 28, Arey Community Bldg, 1160 River Road. $7, $3 children.
• Public supper, 5-6 p.m. June 21, Elm Street Congregational Church. $7, $3 children ages 5 to 10, free to children under 5.
• Clifton Community Food Bank, 10 a.m. first Monday; 5 p.m. third Monday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441.
• Seniors’ lunch, 11:30 a.m. third Thursday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441. Free.
• Turkey supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. June 28, Frankfort Congregational Church. $9, $4 children, free to preschoolers.
• American Legion baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. third Saturday, Hermon Rescue Squad building, $7, $3 children. 848-5597.
• Neighbors Supporting Neighbors Food Pantry, 9-11 a.m. first and third Thursdays, Penobscot Snowmobile Club, Bog Road. 299-5186.
• Baked bean supper buffet, 4:30-6 p.m. June 28, Kenduskeag Union Church, corner of Levant and Townhouse roads across the bridge from Route 15. $6.50, $3 children 5 to13, free to children under 5.
• Free community supper, 6 p.m. June 27, St. James’ Episcopal Church, corner of Main and Center streets. Open to all.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Nov. 11, 405 Perry Road. Horse-drawn wagon to 18-wheeler trucks, snowplows, hearses, military vehicles, restored motorcycles, historic firetrucks, American Railfan locomotive, freight car, caboose, Maine World War II Memorial, Maine Vietnam Memorial, Purple Heart monument, Bangor World War II Memorial, 5th Armored Division collection of WWII memorabilia, Army tank, Huey helicopter. $7, $5 seniors, free to those age 18 and under. 990-3600, ext. 13,colemuseum.org.
- Maine Air Museum, 98 Maine Ave., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays, and noon-4 p.m. Sundays, through Sept. 26. $3, $1 children under 12, $6 family, free to active military and their families. 941-6757.
• Hampden Historical Society’s Kinsley House and Katherine Trickey Archives, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays, April through October, or by appointment. 862-2027.
• Orland Historical Society Museum, 1-3 p.m. first and third Fridays, June through August. 469-3354, 944-0914, 469-6817.
• The Unexpected Surfer Boys, Beach Boys tribute band, 7:30 p.m. June 28, Gracie Theatre, Husson University. Sponsored by the Husson Alumni Association. $20. Dinner and show option for Husson alumni.
• Bangor Band concert, 7 p.m. July 1, Bangor Waterfront. Free. Co-sponsored by Penobscot Financial Advisors.
• Bangor Band concert, 7 p.m. July 4, Pickering Square. Free. Co-sponsored by Gross, Minsky and Mogul.
• Bangor Community Chorus, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-6752.
• Country Jam, 6:30-9 p.m. first and third Thursdays, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Door prizes, 50-50 raffle. Admission by donation at the door. 942-0802, 262-9600.
• Heart of Maine Chorus, 6.30 p.m. Mondays, corner of Essex Street and Grandview Avenue. Seeking new members. Bette, 989-4110 or Charlene, 827-4825.
• Penobscot Fiddles amateur musicians group, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays, 21 Main St., No. 202. Open to all ages, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, banjo, bass, piano, accordion, whistles, percussion.
• River City Harmonizers, women’s a cappella, barbershop chorus, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Seeking all harmony parts. 947-3128, 848-5354.
• “The Brick” open mic, all acts, all ages, 7-10 p.m. Thursdays, Union Street Brick Church. Sign-up, 6:30 p.m. $2 donation. 945-9798.
• “Useful Plants Underfoot,” edible and medicinal plant walk, with naturalist Gudrun Keszocze, 1-2:30 p.m. June 29, Hirundo Wildlife Refuge. Meet at Parker Reed shelter. Suggested donation $5, free to schoolchildren. 394-2171 or email@example.com.