NOBLEBORO, Maine — An aggravated assault charge against a Nobleboro man was dismissed but he will still serve 15 months in jail on a partial probation revocation, according to court documents.
Kody Wallace, 20, was indicted by a grand jury in March for aggravated assault, a Class B felony, for allegedly slashing a Waldoboro man’s face with a knife on Jan. 21.
The alleged assault occurred after the escalation of a disagreement between Wallace and at least two others on Facebook, Lincoln County Sheriff’s Lt. Michael Murphy said previously.
The alleged victim and another man showed up at Wallace’s house at around 2:30 a.m. that day, according to an affidavit by Detective Robert McFetridge.
Wallace claimed he was attacked by the alleged victim, and while defending himself cut the other man with a knife, according to an affidavit by probation Officer Anthony Prest.
Though the aggravated assault charge was dismissed, Wallace will still serve 15 months in jail for having admitted to violating one or more conditions of probation from an earlier conviction, according to court documents.
Wallace was convicted in January 2013 of felony tampering with a witness and misdemeanor terrorizing with a dangerous weapon, crimes he committed in November 2012.
Wallace and another man were involved in a six-hour standoff after sheriff’s deputies responded to the complaint of a “loud noise party” at Wallace’s residence on Upper East Pond Road on Nov. 2, 2012.
Wallace came to the door, told Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office Sgt. Brendan Kane to leave, and said he would “blow the heads off” anyone trying to go in to get him, according to an affidavit by Maj. Ken Mason. Both men eventually surrendered.
He received concurrent sentences of 30 days in jail for the terrorizing charge, two years with all but six months suspended for the tampering charge and two years probation.
A message left with Wallace’s attorney, Roger Hurley, was not returned.