Calendar runs as space permits. Items with dates take precedence over activities that occur every week. ITEMS FOR CALENDAR ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE THURSDAY OF PUBLICATION. Email: email@example.com. Mail The Weekly Calendar, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402.
• Carolyn Wallace-Zani, “The Art of Making Pictures” exhibit, through June 26, The John Rohman Art Gallery, College Library, Eastern Maine Community College, 354 Hogan Road. 974-4640.
• Young Curators exhibit, “Eight Scoops,” an exploration of varied Modernist style; “Looking Back Six Years-Part Two: Selected Recent Acquisitions;” “Awake: Paintings by Maya Brodsky,” June 20-Sept. 20, University of Maine Museum of Art, 40 Harlow St. Free.
• Space Probe Vacation Bible School, 9 a.m.-noon, June 23-27, Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian Church, 375 Mount Hope Ave. For children age 4 through eighth-grade. 942-8054.
• Maine Discovery Museum, 74 Main St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Dino Dig, tree house, sound studio, pilot a ship. $7.50. Free to members and those under age 1. 262-7200.
• Story Time, Bangor Public Library: ABC Kids, 11-11:30 a.m. Saturdays; Chapter Chums, 4-4:45 p.m. alternate Tuesdays; Creative Crafts, 4-4:45 p.m. third Thursdays; Crochet Club, 4-4:45 p.m. Fridays; Goody Gang, 4-4:45 p.m. Mondays; Maryann’s Night Story Time, 6-6:30 p.m. Thursdays; Mother Goose, 10:15-10:35 a.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays; Tiny Tots, 11-11:30 a.m. Wednesday and Thursdays.
• Contradance with music by the Jumblegut Ramblers, Dugan Murphy calling, 8 p.m. June 20, Unitarian-Universalist Church, 120 Park St. Beginners’ session, 7:30 p.m. Open to all ages; all dances taught. $8; $20 families. firstname.lastname@example.org, 941-9727 or bangorcontra.org.
• Bangor Singles Club dance, 8 p.m.-midnight Fridays, Brewer Eagles Club. Doors open, 7 p.m. Guests may purchase tickets at the door. Barb Demo, June 20; New Society, June 27.
• Yard sale to benefit Hammond Street Senior Center, 9 a.m. June 21, at the center, 2 Hammond St. To donate items, stop by the center. Clothing will not be accepted for the sale.
• Poetry Open Mike, 7-8 p.m. June 24, in the café, Books-A-Million, Bangor Mall Blvd. Free and open to the public. 941-1670.
- Slideshow presentation with Marisue and John W. Pickering, authors of “Maine: Beyond the Usual, A Travel Guide,” 7 p.m. June 24, Fields Pond Audubon Center. Admission by $5 donation to benefit the center. 989-2591.
• Big breakfast, 8-10:30 a.m. June 20, Hammond Street Senior Center, 2 Hammond St. Open to the public. $6. Benefits the center. 262-5532.
- Spaghetti supper, 5:30 p.m. and Mountain Air hillbilly band, 7 p.m. June 21, Bangor Grange hall, 1192 Ohio St. Supper, $8; supper and concert, $13. Pies, $7 each. 973-3976.
• Heart healthy baked bean supper, 5-6 p.m. June 28, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. Vegetarian option. $7, $3 children, $20 family.
• Breaking Bread soup kitchen, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Apostolic Lighthouse Church, 517 Hammond St. Free. 570-8107.
• Free community meal, 4-6 p.m. Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-9567.
• Free weekly meal, 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Open to all. 945-3166.
• Free community meal, noon-2 p.m. Sundays, Columbia Street Baptist Church, 63 Columbia St. 945-6616.
• Baked bean and casseroles supper, 5-6 p.m. June 28, Arey Community Bldg, 1160 River Road. $7, $3 children.
• Public supper, 5-6 p.m. June 21, Elm Street Congregational Church. $7, $3 children ages 5 to 10, free to children under 5.
• Clifton Community Food Bank, 10 a.m. first Monday; 5 p.m. third Monday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441.
• Seniors’ lunch, 11:30 a.m. third Thursday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441. Free.
• Baked bean supper, 5-6 p.m. June 21, Dedham Church, Route 46. $8, $4 children.
• Dixmont United Methodist Church monthly public fellowship breakfast, 7-9 A.M. June 21, Dixmont Gold Crest Riders Snowmobile Clubhouse, Cates Road. $6, $3 children.
• Ham and beanhole bean supper, 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. June 21, Eddington Clifton Civic Center (Comins Hall), 1387 Main Road. $7, $3 children.
• American Legion baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. third Saturday, Hermon Rescue Squad building, $7, $3 children. 848-5597.
• Neighbors Supporting Neighbors Food Pantry, 9-11 a.m. first and third Thursdays, Penobscot Snowmobile Club, Bog Road. 299-5186.PROSPECT:
• Free community supper, 5-6 p.m. June 20, Parish of the Resurrection of the Lord, Holy Family Parish Hall, Brunswick and Carroll streets. Open to all. 827-4000.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Nov. 11, 405 Perry Road. Horse-drawn wagon to 18-wheeler trucks, snowplows, hearses, military vehicles, restored motorcycles, historic firetrucks, American Railfan locomotive, freight car, caboose, Maine World War II Memorial, Maine Vietnam Memorial, Purple Heart monument, Bangor World War II Memorial, 5th Armored Division collection of WWII memorabilia, Army tank, Huey helicopter. $7, $5 seniors, free to those age 18 and under. 990-3600, ext. 13,colemuseum.org.
- Maine Air Museum, 98 Maine Ave., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays, and noon-4 p.m. Sundays, through Sept. 26. $3, $1 children under 12, $6 family, free to active military and their families. 941-6757.
• Hampden Historical Society’s Kinsley House and Katherine Trickey Archives, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays, April through October, or by appointment. 862-2027.
• Orland Historical Society Museum, 1-3 p.m. first and third Fridays, June through August. 469-3354, 944-0914, 469-6817.
• Bangor Band concert conducted by Curvin Farnham , 7 p.m. June 24, Bangor Waterfront. Free.
• Bangor Community Chorus, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-6752.
• Country Jam, 6:30-9 p.m. first and third Thursdays, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Door prizes, 50-50 raffle. Admission by donation at the door. 942-0802, 262-9600.
• Heart of Maine Chorus, 6.30 p.m. Mondays, corner of Essex Street and Grandview Avenue. Seeking new members. Bette, 989-4110 or Charlene, 827-4825.
• Penobscot Fiddles amateur musicians group, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays, 21 Main St., No. 202. Open to all ages, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, banjo, bass, piano, accordion, whistles, percussion.
• River City Harmonizers, women’s a cappella, barbershop chorus, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Seeking all harmony parts. 947-3128, 848-5354.
• “The Brick” open mic, all acts, all ages, 7-10 p.m. Thursdays, Union Street Brick Church. Sign-up, 6:30 p.m. $2 donation. 945-9798.
• Never Stop Rockin’ benefit for Wynter Przybylski who is ill, 7 p.m. June 20, Brewer Performing Arts Center. Local bands, The Secret of Esrever and The Ian Black Band. Free, but donations accepted. Doors open at 6 p.m.
• Sebasticook Valley Community Band concert, 5:30 p.m. June 22, Ecotat Gardens and Arboretum, 2699 Route 2. Free, but donations accepted. Bring a lawn chair and park in
Annis Road parking area.
- Paddle to Hothole Pond, June 21. Meet, Moosehorn Stream bridge on Bald Mountain Road 9 a.m. Bring binoculars. Be prepared to portage over beaver dams. Advance registration required, 469-6929. Leave name and phone number, or e-mail email@example.com.
• Sparrow tour with John Wyatt, 7 a.m.- noon June 21, Orono Bog, Prospect and Frankfort visiting a bog, Mendall Marsh and nearby blueberry barrens. Meet in Bangor City Forest parking lot. $15 Audubon members, $20 others. To register, Fields Pond Audubon Center, 989-2591.