Calendar runs as space permits. Items with dates take precedence over activities that occur every week. ITEMS FOR CALENDAR ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE THURSDAY OF PUBLICATION. Email: email@example.com. Mail The Weekly Calendar, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402.
• Carolyn Wallace-Zani, “The Art of Making Pictures” exhibit, through June 26, The John Rohman Art Gallery, College Library, Eastern Maine Community College, 354 Hogan Road. 974-4640.
• Young Curators exhibit, “Eight Scoops,” an exploration of varied Modernist style; “Looking Back Six Years-Part Two: Selected Recent Acquisitions;” “Awake: Paintings by Maya Brodsky,” June 20-Sept. 20, University of Maine Museum of Art, 40 Harlow St. Free.
• Space Probe Vacation Bible School, 9 a.m.-noon, June 23-27, Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian Church, 375 Mount Hope Ave. For children age 4 through eighth-grade. 942-8054.
• Vacation Bible School, 6-8 p.m. June 23-26, Bangor Baptist Church, 1476 Broadway. For children in kindergarten through grade six.
• Nature Photography: Capturing Wildlife workshop with nature photographer and instructor Andy Anderson, 12:30-3:30 p.m. June 14, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $10 Maine Audubon members, $20 others. To register, 989-2591.
• Eddington Historical Society, 6:30 p.m. June 16, F.A. Wood Municipal building meeting room. 989-5792.
• Contradance with music by Jumblegut Ramblers, Dugan Murphy calling, 8 p.m. June 20, Unitarian-Universalist Church, 120 Park St. Beginners’ session, 7:30 p.m. Open to all ages; all dances taught. $8; $20 families. firstname.lastname@example.org, 941-9727 or bangorcontra.org.
• Bangor Singles Club dance, 8 p.m.-midnight Fridays, Brewer Eagles Club. Doors open, 7 p.m. Guests may purchase tickets at the door. Country Mist, June 13.
• Bangor Area Recovery Network chem-free dances 8-11:30 p.m. Saturdays, B.A.R.N., 142 Center St.
• Yard sale to benefit Hammond Street Senior Center, 9 a.m. June 21, at the center, 2 Hammond St. To donate items, stop by the center. Clothing will not be accepted.
• Universalist Society of Bangor plant sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 14, UUSB, 120 Park St., up the hill from Bangor City Hall. 947-7009 or email@example.com.
• Yard sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 14, Louis I. Bussey Schoolhouse, 994 Western Ave. Sponsored by Dixmont United Methodist Church.
• Hampden Historical Society yard sale and bake sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. June 14, Kinsley House, 83 Main Road South. Jerry Stanhope, 862-3463.
• Book sale, 8 a.m.-noon June 14, Levant Heritage Library, Union Street. Hardcover books $1, paperbacks 50 cents, children’s books less, quantity discounts.
• Bake sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 14, Levant Heritage Library, Union Street.
• 11th annual Orono Bog Boardwalk yard sale, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. June 14, 139 Main St. Rain date, June 15. To donate items, Jim Bird, 866-2578.
• Potluck dinner and silent auction, 6 p.m. June 4, Winterport Dragway. 50/50 raffle and raffle for handmade reversible patchwork. Benefits Nicole Spencer, who is ill, to help with medical expenses. Admission by suggested donation of $5, $20 families of five or more. To donate auction items or bring a dish for the dinner, Donna Smith, 478-2885.
- NAMI Bangor, local affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, public program featuring columnist and author Sarah Smiley, 6:30 p.m. June 17, Acadia Hospital, 268 Stillwater Ave. Smiley will talk about her experiences with depression. To attend, call Betsy Rose at 866-3307 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Poetry Open Mike, 7-8 p.m. June 24, in the café, Books-A-Million, Bangor Mall Blvd. Free and open to the public. 941-1670.
• Fields Pond Book Discussion Group, “Life Everlasting: The Animal Way of Death” by Bernd Heinrich, 6:30 p.m. June 12, Bangor Public Library. Free.
• Big breakfast, 8-10:30 a.m. June 20, Hammond Street Senior Center, 2 Hammond St. Open to the public. $6. Benefits the center. 262-5532.
- Spaghetti supper, 5:30 p.m. and Mountain Air hillbilly band, 7 p.m. June 21, Bangor Grange hall, 1192 Ohio St. Supper, $8; supper and concert, $13. Pies, $7 each. 973-3976.
• Breaking Bread soup kitchen, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Apostolic Lighthouse Church, 517 Hammond St. Free. 570-8107.
• Free community meal, 4-6 p.m. Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-9567.
• Free weekly meal, 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Open to all. 945-3166.
• Free community meal, noon-2 p.m. Sundays, Columbia Street Baptist Church, 63 Columbia St. 945-6616.
• Clifton Community Food Bank, 10 a.m. first Monday; 5 p.m. third Monday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441.
• Seniors’ lunch, 11:30 a.m. third Thursday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441. Free.
• Baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. June 14, Corinth United Methodist Church, 275 Main St. $7, $6 seniors age 60 and up, $3 children under 12.
• Baked bean supper, 5-6 p.m. June 21, Dedham Church, Route 46. $8, $4 children.
• American Legion baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. third Saturday, Hermon Rescue Squad building, $7, $3 children. 848-5597.
• Neighbors Supporting Neighbors Food Pantry, 9-11 a.m. first and third Thursdays, Penobscot Snowmobile Club, Bog Road. 299-5186.
• Baked bean supper, 5 p.m. June 14, Holden Congregational Church. $8, $4 children under 12, free to preschoolers.
• Birdathon celebration potluck dinner6-7:30 p.m. June 13, Fields Pond Audubon Center. Bring a dish to share. Free.
• Baked bean supper, 4-6 p.m. June 14, Prospect Community Center, 959 Bangor Road (Route 1A). $7, $2 children under 12. 567-3170.
• Ellingwoods Corner United Methodist Church events, June 14: Thrift shop open 9 a.m.-noon and 4-6 p.m.; baked bean supper, 4-6 p.m., $8, free to children under 6, at the church, Route 69 and Monroe Road. Debbie Calderwood, 234-2762.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Nov. 11, 405 Perry Road. Horse-drawn wagon to 18-wheeler trucks, snowplows, hearses, military vehicles, restored motorcycles, historic firetrucks, American Railfan locomotive, freight car, caboose, Maine World War II Memorial, Maine Vietnam Memorial, Purple Heart monument, Bangor World War II Memorial, 5th Armored Division collection of WWII memorabilia, Army tank, Huey helicopter. $7, $5 seniors, free to those age 18 and under. 990-3600, ext. 13,colemuseum.org.
- Maine Air Museum, 98 Maine Ave., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays, and noon-4 p.m. Sundays, through Sept. 26. $3, $1 children under 12, $6 family, free to active military and their families. 941-6757.
• Hampden Historical Society’s Kinsley House and Katherine Trickey Archives, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays, April through October, or by appointment. 862-2027.
• Orland Historical Society Museum, 1-3 p.m. first and third Fridays, June through August. 469-3354, 944-0914, 469-6817.
• Bangor Band concert, 7 p.m. June 17, Bangor Waterfront. Free and open to all.
• Bangor Land Trust whip-poor-will walk led by Bob Milardo, 7:45 p.m. June 13. Meet at Walden-Park Way where power lines cross the road.
• Guided interpretive trail walk with Bucky Owen, wildlife ecologist, 10-11:30 a.m. June 14, Dirigo Pines. Walking stick recommended. Easy walk. Free. to register, Gateway Seniors, 889-3031.
• Sparrow tour with John Wyatt, 7 a.m.-noon June 21, Orono Bog, Prospect and Frankfort visiting a bog, Mendall Marsh, and nearby blueberry barrens. Meet in Bangor City Forest parking lot. $15 Audubon members, $20 others. To register, Fields Pond Audubon Center, 989-2591.
• Bangor Ballet’s “Alice in Wonderland,” 7 p.m. June 14, Ellsworth High School. $12, $8 children age 12 and under. Tickets, Thomas School of Dance and Patrick’s Hallmark in Bangor, Sherman’s Bookstore in Bar Harbor and Seven Arts Gallery in Ellsworth. Tickets also at the door one hour before the performance. 945-3457, email@example.com or bangorballet.com.