The SAD 63 Teachers Association of Eddington, Holden and Clifton announced the names of the recipients of two $500 scholarships made possible by association members. The recipients
• Ashley Hinkley, a graduate of Brewer High School, class of 2014, is the daughter of Trey and Tina Hinkley of Clifton. She has been accepted at the University of Maine at Farmington where she will study elementary education.
• Taylor Roy, a graduate of Brewer High School, class of 2014, she is the daughter of
Richard and D’Ann Roy of Holden. She has been accepted at the University of Maine where she will study nursing.
Any high school senior, who graduated from grade eight at the Holbrook School in Holden is eligible for the scholarships.
Bangor High School
BANGOR — Jessica Chen, a senior at Bangor High School, was selected as the winner of the 2014 Congressional Art Competition for Maine’s Second District, according to an announcement from Maine Rep. Mike Michaud’s office. The runners-up and honorable mentions also all hail from Bangor High School. Siblings Abbey and Morgan Kidder received first and second runner-up, respectively; and Nick Fournier and Shirley Yuen received honorable mentions.
White Mountain School
Emelia Waterman of Bangor graduated recently from The White Mountain School in Bethlehem, N.H. She earned academic honors in visual and performing arts.
These area residents who recently graduated from Colby College in Waterville were elected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa this spring:
• Ben Guido of Bangor, son of Mark Guido of Montville and Jessica Jacobson of Bangor.
• Morgan Rublee of Glenburn, daughter of Roderick and Karen Rublee of Glenburn.
West Virginia Wesleyan College
BREWER — Teal Jackson of Brewer was named to the dean’s list for the spring semester at West Virginia Wesleyan College in Buckhannon, West Virginia.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
These area students were named to the dean’s list for the spring semester at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Worcester, Massachusetts.
• Caitlin Swalec of Hampden.
• Liam Perry of Bangor.
• Mary Prescott of Penobscot.
• Rachel Prescott of Hampden.
• Sarah Meehan of Brewer.
Bob Jones University
These area students were named to the dean’s list for the spring semester at Bob Jones University in Greenville, South Carolina.
• Stephen Lynn of Hermon.
• Brittany Mellen of Corinth.
• Donovan Mellen of Corinth.
• Savanna Frost of Newburgh.
Eastern Oregon University
BANGOR — Brian Danielson of Bangor was named to the dean’s list for the winter term at Eastern Oregon University in LaGrande, Oregon.
BANGOR — Husson University announced on May 27 that it was honored on May 15 by the Maine International Trade Center at Maine International Trade Day 2014. Husson was named MITC’s Service Provider of the Year.
The Service Provider of the Year Award is presented to a person or organization that has established an international presence for the export of its service. A long-time state leader in international education, Husson University participated in the 2013 State of Maine Trade Mission to Mexico and Colombia. Husson currently enrolls 33 foreign students from 20 different countries and is a leader-mentor in MITC’s StudyMaine program.
Accepting the award on behalf of Husson University was the institution’s President and CEO Dr. Robert A. Clark.
These students were named to the dean’s list for the spring semester at Northeastern
University in Boston:
• William W. Benoit of Bangor.
• Andy Chen of Bangor.
• Scott Farnham of Bangor.
• Mack Susi of Bangor.
University of Vermont
These area residents graduated recently from the University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont:
• Matthew Blanchard of Bangor.
• Kendall Cooper of Bangor.
• Whitney Gould of Holden.
• Meredith Hardy of Holden.
• Matthieu Larochelle of Bangor.
• Devon McKinnon of Bangor.
• Allison Sherman of Orono.