Calendar runs as space permits. Items with dates take precedence over activities that occur every week. ITEMS FOR CALENDAR ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE THURSDAY OF PUBLICATION. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail The Weekly Calendar, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402.
• Carolyn Wallace-Zani, “The Art of Making Pictures” exhibit, through June 26, The John Rohman Art Gallery, College Library, Eastern Maine Community College, 354 Hogan Road. 974-4640.
• Space Probe Vacation Bible School, 9 a.m.-noon, June 23-27, Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian Church, 375 Mount Hope Ave. For children age 4 through eighth-grade. 942-8054.
• Maine Discovery Museum, 74 Main St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Dino Dig, tree house, sound studio, pilot a ship. $7.50. Free to members and those under age 1. 262-7200.
• Children’s Bible Club, school-age children through eighth grade, 5:30-7 p.m. Wednesdays, Glad Tidings Church, 1033 Broadway. 947-0324, ext. 15.
• Nature Photography: Capturing Wildlife workshop with nature photographer and instructor Andy Anderson, 12:30-3:30 p.m. June 14, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $10 Maine Audubon members, $20 others. To register, 989-2591.
• Fitness For All, one-hour class to strengthen bodies and minds of all ages, focuses on functional exercise, agility, balance; also stretching and floor exercises, 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Newburgh Town Office. $1 per session. 922-8128.
• Brewer Historical Society, 7 p.m. June 10, Machias Savings Bank Community Room, 581 Wilson St. Guest speaker Alan King will discussing his family history and his sister’s book, “The Kings of the Mountain.” Open to the public.
• Sentimental Journey, 7:30-9:30 p.m. June 7, Next Generation Theatre, 39 Center St. $8. 989-7100.
• Bangor Singles Club dance, 8 p.m.-midnight Fridays, Brewer Eagles Club. Doors open, 7 p.m. Guests may purchase tickets at the door. Bushwhack, June 6.
- Open house, 10 a.m. June 8, Grace Church, 1404 Broadway. Reception following. Senior Minister Russ Hewett, gracechurchbangor.com.
• Bingo, 6:15 p.m. Tuesday and Saturday, Dow-Clewley VFW Post 1761, 1368 Hammond St. Doors open 4:30 p.m.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Fridays, VFW Post 4633, Canoe Club Road. Early birds, 6 p.m. Refreshments available. 862-2553.
- Spanish Conversation Table, 7 p.m. Fridays, Books A Million Bookstore, 116 Bangor Mall Blvd.
• Usual Suspects Book Club, 6 p.m. first Wednesdays, Bangor Public Library. Mystery novels.
• Bangor Area Recovery Network chem-free dances 8-11:30 p.m. Saturdays, B.A.R.N., 142 Center St.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Thursdays, West Glenburn Community Club, 5 Phillips Road, across from fire station. Doors open 4:30 p.m.; early birds, 5:30 p.m. 745-3067.
• Yard sale to benefit Hammond Street Senior Center, 9 a.m. June 21, at the center, 2 Hammond St. To donate items, stop by the center. Clothing will not be accepted for the sale.
• Universalist Society of Bangor plant sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 14, 120 Park St., up the hill from Bangor City Hall. 947-7009 or email@example.com.
• Annual benefit yard sale to support Penobscot Contradancers , 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 6-7, 503 Essex St. 941-9727.
• Eighth annual daylily sale, 9 a.m.-noon June 7, Harmony Hall, 24 Kennebec Road. Unique daylilies donated by hybridizer Bill Warman of The Maine Garden, Waldo. Sponsored Hampden Garden Club to benefit restoration of Harmony Hall. 862-3909.
• Hampden Historical Society yard sale and bake sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. June 14, Kinsley House, 83 Main Road South. Jerry Stanhope, 862-3463.
• 11th annual Orono Bog Boardwalk yard sale, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. June 14, 139 Main St. Rain date, June 15. To donate items, Jim Bird, 866-2578.
• The Curran Homestead Living History Farm and Museum fourth annual giant yard sale, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. June 6-8, at the museum, 372 Field’s Pond Road.
• Fields Pond Book Discussion Group, “Life Everlasting: The Animal Way of Death” by Bernd Heinrich, 6:30 p.m. June 12, Bangor Public Library. Free.
• Gatherings, early history of the Bucksport area series: “Historical Societies” with Benjamin and Jeannette Blodget, and Thomas Sweet, 2-3:30 p.m. June 10, Buck Memorial Library. Free. 469-2650.
• A talk about bat ecology, Maine species, and challenges of white nose syndrome, with Katelin Craven, 7-8:30 p.m. June 5, Hirundo Wildlife Refuge, Gate 1, Parker Reed shelter. Bring flashlight. Suggested donation $5, free to children. To register, 944-9259.
• “Internet Safety, Fraud and Scams” with Mark Leonard, Veazie town manager and chief of police, 2-3 p.m. June 9, Veazie Senior Center, 3 Flagg St. To register, Gateway Seniors, 889-3031.
• Big breakfast, 8-10:30 a.m. June 20, Hammond Street Senior Center, 2 Hammond St. Open to the public. $6. Benefits the center. 262-5532.
- Spaghetti supper, 5:30 p.m. and Mountain Air hillbilly band, 7 p.m. June 21, Bangor Grange hall, 1192 Ohio St. Supper, $8; supper and concert, $13. Pies, $7 each. 973-3976.
• Breaking Bread soup kitchen, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Apostolic Lighthouse Church, 517 Hammond St. Free. 570-8107.
• Free community meal, 4-6 p.m. Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-9567.
• Free weekly meal, 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Open to all. 945-3166.
• Free community meal, noon-2 p.m. Sundays, Columbia Street Baptist Church, 63 Columbia St. 945-6616.
• Clifton Community Food Bank, 10 a.m. first Monday; 5 p.m. third Monday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441.
• Seniors’ lunch, 11:30 a.m. third Thursday, Clifton United Baptist Church, 742 Airline Road. 843-5441. Free.
• American Legion baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. third Saturday, Hermon Rescue Squad building, $7, $3 children. 848-5597.
• Neighbors Supporting Neighbors Food Pantry, 9-11 a.m. first and third Thursdays, Penobscot Snowmobile Club, Bog Road. 299-5186.
• Baked bean supper, 5 p.m. June 14, Holden Congregational Church. $8, $4 children under 12, free to preschoolers.
• Birdathon celebration potluck dinner 6-7:30 p.m. June 13, Fields Pond Audubon Center. Bring a dish to share. Free.
• Baked bean supper, 5-6 p.m. June 7, Orland United Methodist Church, Route 1. All you can eat, $8, $4 children ages 5 to 12, free to children under 5. 469-3714.
• Baked bean supper, 4:30-5:30 p.m. June 7, East Orrington Congregational Church, 38 Johnson Mill Road. $7, $3 children.
• Baked bean supper, 4-6 p.m. June 14, Prospect Community Center, 959 Bangor Road (Route 1A). $7, $2 children under 12. 567-3170.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily through Nov. 11, 405 Perry Road. Horse-drawn wagon to 18-wheeler trucks, snowplows, hearses, military vehicles, restored motorcycles, historic firetrucks, American Railfan locomotive, freight car, caboose, Maine World War II Memorial, Maine Vietnam Memorial, Purple Heart monument, Bangor World War II Memorial, 5th Armored Division collection of WWII memorabilia, Army tank, Huey helicopter. $7, $5 seniors, free to those age 18 and under. 990-3600, ext. 13,colemuseum.org.
- Maine Air Museum, 98 Maine Ave., 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturdays, and noon-4 p.m. Sundays, through Sept. 26. $3, $1 children under 12, $6 family, free to active military and their families. 941-6757.
• Hampden Historical Society’s Kinsley House and Katherine Trickey Archives, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays, April through October, or by appointment. 862-2027.
• Orland Historical Society Museum, open by appointment. 469-3354, 944-0914, 469-6817.
• Bangor Community Chorus, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-6752.
• Country Jam, 6:30-9 p.m. first and third Thursdays, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Door prizes, 50-50 raffle. Admission by donation at the door. 942-0802, 262-9600.
• Heart of Maine Chorus, 6.30 p.m. Mondays, corner of Essex Street and Grandview Avenue. Seeking new members. Bette, 989-4110 or Charlene, 827-4825.
• Penobscot Fiddles amateur musicians group, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays, 21 Main St., No. 202. Open to all ages, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, banjo, bass, piano, accordion, whistles, percussion.
• River City Harmonizers, women’s a cappella, barbershop chorus, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Seeking all harmony parts. 947-3128, 848-5354.
• “The Brick” open mic, all acts, all ages, 7-10 p.m. Thursdays, Union Street Brick Church. Sign-up, 6:30 p.m. $2 donation. 945-9798.
• Brewer Hometown Band concert, 6:30 p.m. June 5, Brewer Auditorium. Rain or shine. Free; donations appreciated. 989-5199.
• Bangor Land Trust whip-poor-will walk led by Bob Milardo, 7:45 p.m. June 13. Meet at Walden-Park Way where the power lines cross the road.
• Monthly bird walk, 7-8:30 a.m. June 7, Fields Pond Audubon Center, Fields Pond Road. Free, donations accepted.
• Nighttime paddle, 7 p.m. June 11, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $5, free to children under 10. Canoe rental with life jacket and paddles, $5. To register, 989-2591.
• Guided interpretive trail walk with Bucky Owen, wildlife ecologist, 10-11:30 a.m. June 14, Dirigo Pines. Walking stick recommended. Easy walk. Free. To register, Gateway Seniors, 889-3031.