January 23, 2018
Portland Latest News | Poll Questions | Jackman Town Manager | Closings, Cancellations and Delays | 2018 Government Shutdown

Cigarette blamed for Standish fire, chief said

By Staff, CBS 13
Updated:

STANDISH, Maine — A cigarette is blamed for a fire that burned a garage and home Sunday, local fire officials told CBS 13.

Firefighters said the fire broke out around 7 p.m. on Watchic Manor Road in Standish. They found heavy fire in the garage, which spread to the home and caused smoke and water damage.

The fire department said no one was hurt. Fire Chief Brent Libby said Monday improper disposal of a cigarette was the cause of the fire.

 


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like