Man in critical condition after West Bath kitchen fire

Posted May 11, 2014, at 3:54 p.m.

WEST BATH, Maine — A 43-year-old man is in critical condition at a Massachusetts hospital after a kitchen fire at a cottage he was renting in West Bath early Sunday morning.

Firefighters responded to New Meadows River Cottages on Armstrong Way around 1:17 a.m. Sunday after a neighbor saw smoke coming out of a cottage. Some of the fire was out when crews arrived, but it had also reached the cottage’s eaves. The fire was put out in 15 minutes after crews arrived.

A man was found outside the cottage and transported to Maine Medical Center. Later he was flown to Massachusetts General Hospital, where he is in critical condition due to burns and smoke inhalation. His name has not been released. The state fire marshal’s office determined the cause of the fire was food left on the stove unattended and was accidental.

The Bangor Daily News and WGME on Tuesday announced a new media partnership that will include the sharing of news stories and co-hosting of public events, such as political debates.

 

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Midcoast