FORT KENT, Maine — A teenager who was taken to a Bangor hospital after suffering injuries in a single-vehicle accident on Tuesday evening was set to be released from the facility Thursday, according to police.
Fort Kent Police Chief Kenneth “Doody” Michaud said Thursday afternoon that the 17-year-old boy, whose name he could not release because of the teen’s age, had been at Eastern Maine Medical Center since being taken there after the crash, which occurred at approximately 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Michaud said that the teen would be released from the hospital Thursday.
According to Michaud, the driver was westbound on South Perley Brook Road in a 2004 Chevy pickup truck when his tires caught the right-hand shoulder of the road. The teen overcorrected and the vehicle skidded across the roadway and veered into a ditch before rolling over and coming to rest near Dubois Road.
The driver, who was alone in the vehicle, was ejected, according to Michaud.
The teen was taken by Ambulance Service Inc. to Northern Maine Medical Center in Fort Kent for treatment before being transported to EMMC.
Fort Kent police Officer Chuck Richard is investigating the crash. He was assisted at the scene by Maine State Police.
No charges have been filed.