ORONO — The Orono Land Trust will hold a trail maintenance work morning beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday, May 3. Volunteers are needed to assist with the work.
Work will be done at:
• Piney Knoll Conservation Area with Mike Opitz. Planting trees along Orchard Trails Easement and improvement of Trail 11 eastern branch. For details, email Mike firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Orono High School Land and Rampe Conservation Easement with Lin White and Nancy Rampe. Wood chips will be spread on a wet area. Perhaps a new entry will be made for the Eagle Scout Trail. Wear good footwear and bring gloves, wheelbarrows, pitchforks and metal rakes. Meet behind the football field at the high school .
• Caribou Bog Conservation Area with Bucky Owen and Jim Hinds. An old shack will be dismantled. Wear good footwear and bring gloves, crowbars and hammers. Meet at the kiosk off Taylor Road.
• Davis Conservation Easement with Glen Koehler. The boundary line needs to be cleared of growth. Wear good footwear and bring gloves, hand saws and clippers. Meet at the parking area at the end of Gardner Road.
•Trails in Veazie with Kent Tableman. Trail clearing and blazing will be done. Wear good footwear and bring loppers and hand saws. Bring outdoor white paint and 4-inch brushes.
• Orono, behind the former MBNA building: Northeast Mountain Bike Association members will build a replacement bridge and rock armor the upper trail to reduce wet areas. Bring gloves, shovels and rock bars. Meet at the parking area behind the former MBNA building off Godfrey Drive.
For information, call Gail White at 866-0041.