Crews battle blaze at Corinna residence

Posted Feb. 28, 2014, at 8:57 a.m.
Last modified Feb. 28, 2014, at 2 p.m.

CORINNA, Maine — A home on the Corinna Center Road was damaged by fire late Thursday evening, according to officials.

Corinna Fire Chief Alan Clark said crews from Corinna, Dexter and Newport were summoned to the scene at 11:30 p.m. The family of six who lived at the residence had gotten out by the time firefighters arrived.

“The owner told me they had a chimney fire earlier in the evening, and we weren’t called to it,” said Clark. “They woke up to smoke in the house.”

Clark said smoke in the chimney is likely the cause. He added firefighters were able to contain the smoke quickly.

The house sustained smoke and water damage but is livable.

“There are some repairs [to be done] and they can get back in there shortly,” said Clark.

Crews remained on scene until about 2 a.m. Friday.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Penobscot