Orrington fire destroys garage, damages home on Kent Drive

Posted Jan. 04, 2014, at 2:36 p.m.

ORRINGTON, Maine — An early Saturday morning blaze destroyed an attached garage and its contents and damaged a Kent Drive residence.

No one was injured.

Orrington firefighters were called to the home of Barbara Goss about 3:20 a.m., Assistant Fire Chief Scott Stewart said.

When they arrived, the garage was fully ablaze, he said. A short time later, the roof of the garage collapsed, destroying its contents, including a car, riding lawn mower and firewood.

Stewart said that Goss was awake when the fire broke out and called 911 when she noticed smoke coming into the house.

The fire was under control with a couple of hours, but the home had severe smoke and water damage, he said. The blaze was caused by improperly disposed wood stove ashes.

Goss is insured and is staying with family and friends in the area, Steward said.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Bangor