Electrical malfunction blamed for Bradford mobile home fire

Firefighters from Bradford, Hudson, Corinth, Charleston and Glenburn worked together to put out a fire at a mobile home on Monday at 56 Reeves Road in Bradford.
Kevin Bennett
Firefighters from Bradford, Hudson, Corinth, Charleston and Glenburn worked together to put out a fire at a mobile home on Monday at 56 Reeves Road in Bradford.
Posted Dec. 30, 2013, at 1:46 p.m.
Last modified Dec. 30, 2013, at 5:42 p.m.

BRADFORD, Maine — An electrical malfunction involving a water heater or pressure tank was cited as the cause of a fire Monday that destroyed a mobile home at 56 Reeves Road.

The fire began shortly after 1 p.m., Fire Chief Dusty Kelley said. Homeowners Steve and Jennifer Ames and their children were home at the time and were able to escape without injuries. They were able to rescue some of their pets but lost a hamster, a ferret and a snake, Kelley said.

Fire crews from Bradford, Corinth, Charleston, Hudson and Glenburn were at the fire scene for about three hours but were not able to save the mobile home, which was insured, Kelley said, adding that fire was coming out the windows when firefighters arrived.

No one was injured in connection with the fire, Kelley said. He said the Red Cross is helping the family find temporary living arrangements.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Penobscot