Fire in Bucksport likely caused by battery charger malfunction

Posted Dec. 07, 2013, at 4:59 p.m.

BUCKSPORT, Maine — A fire on Bucks Mills Road left a house with several thousand dollars in damage, though no one was injured, according to a Bucksport dispatcher.

Fire departments from Bucksport and Orland responded to a 911 call just after midnight Friday. They had the fire out within minutes, but stayed on the scene until about 3 a.m. The Penobscot and Orrington fire departments were on call.

The son of Michael McAllian, who owns the house with his wife, was home and called the fire department when he saw smoke coming from an upstairs bedroom, the dispatcher said. The McAllians were away for the weekend, but have since returned.

Officials believe the fire was caused by a battery charger malfunction. The house has heavy heat and smoke damage, but minimal water damage.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Hancock