Calendar runs as space permits. Items with dates take precedence over activities that occur every week. ITEMS FOR CALENDAR ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE THURSDAY OF PUBLICATION. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail The Weekly Calendar, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402.
• BANGOR — “Fourfold,” work of artists Jadrien Cousens, Edward Harrow, Ed Nadeau and Susan Webster, on display 9 a.m.-7 p.m. daily through Jan. 30, Boyd Place, 21 Boyd St.
• “Reflections,” photographs by Larry Ayotte, through Jan. 16, Robert E. White Gallery, Peabody Hall, Husson University. Gallery hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Maine Discovery Museum, 74 Main St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Sunday. New exhibit Dino Dig; tree house, sound studio, pilot a ship, $7.50. Free to members and those under age 1. 262-7200.
• Breakfast with Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus, 9-11 a.m. Dec. 7, Bangor Grange Hall, 1192 Ohio St. $5, $2 children, $10 family of four or more. Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus, presents, gift bags, crafts, etc. Benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation. 973-3976.
• Nature Time Drop In for children ages 2 to 4, 10-11 a.m. Dec. 9, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $5 member, $7 others.
• University of Maine Standardbred Drill Team, “Santa’s Reindeer,” 1-3 p.m. Dec. 8, J.F. Witter Farm, 160 University Farm Road. Treats, games, pictures, holiday cheer. Meet UMaine Mares in support of drill team. email@example.com.
• Bangor Land Trust and Downeast Outing Club Winter Wandering Workshop, 6 p.m. Dec. 10, Epic Sports, 6 Central St.
• Aqua exercise, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Saturdays, Lura Hoit Pool,146 Western Ave. Drop in fee, $4 residents, $5 others, or purchase and punch card for 12 classes $30 residents, $42 others.
• Dirigo Bridge Club with Steve Dyer, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, and 12:30 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays, Bangor Motor Inn. Open to all bridge players. Steve Dyer, 884-7413, or Jean Martin, 989-3873.
• Paul Bunyan Chapter of BNI, 7-8:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Season’s Restaurant.
• Dollhouse miniature club, 10:30 a.m. Information, 942-0326, leave message.
• Eastern Maine Die-cast Association, for collectors of diecast and toy vehicles, airplanes, soldiers, etc., second Mondays, at a local restaurant. 745-1345, 942-3801.
• Miniature war gamers’ re-enacting club, 10 a.m. second Saturday, Forest Avenue Congregational Church, 300 Forest Ave. 478-1598.
• Bangor Toastmasters, nonprofit educational organization teaches public speaking and leadership skills, 7 p.m. first and third Wednesdays, Beal College, 99 Farm Road. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rendez-Vous, French conversation group, 5:30-6:30 p.m. first and third Wednesdays, cafe, Books-A-Million, Bangor Mall.
• Bangor Grange, first and third Tuesdays, Bangor Grange hall, 1192 Ohio St. Potluck supper, 6 p.m.; meeting, 7 p.m. 973-3976.
• German Stammtisch language group, 5:30 p.m. second and fourth Wednesdays, Books-A-Million. 866-4992.
• Eastern Maine Orchid Society holiday auction and luncheon, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 14, Weathervane Restaurant, 710 Wilson St. Benefits scholarship fund and local nonprofits. Open to the public. Lunch on your own. Mary Lou, 848-5453.
• Arnold R. Kelly American Legion Post 200, 7 p.m. last Thursdays, Hermon Volunteer Rescue Squad building, Billings Road. 848-5597.
• Line dance class, Tuesday, 6-7:30 p.m., Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Beginner through advanced. 922-2459.
• Bangor Ballet spring-production auditions, 3 p.m. registration, 3:30 p.m. auditions, Dec. 8, Thomas School of Dance, 14 State St. Intermediate and advanced students only. Contact email@example.com or 945-3457.
• The Skyliners, 13-piece big band, music for listening or dancing, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 14, Next Generation Theatre, 39 Center St. $8. 989-7100.
• Bangor Singles Club dance, 8 p.m.-midnight, Brewer Eagles Club: Doors open, 7 p.m. Advance Tickets required, 944-2115 until Wednesday before the dance.
• Line dance classes, 6-8 p.m., Tuesdays, upstairs, Brewer Eagles Club, 22 Atlantic Ave. All levels. $5. Benefits Brewer Eagles Club. 852-3284.
• Alton Book Club, discuss “The Almond Tree” by Michelle Cohen Corasanti, 1 p.m., Dec. 11, Alton United Methodist Church, 3493 Bennoch Road.
• Author Richard Shain Cohen presents his book, “Our Seas of Fear and Love,” 6-7 p.m., Dec. 5, Bangor Public Library. 947-8336.
• Toys for Tots, 2 p.m., Dec. 7, Grand Atrium, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. 262-9600.
• Bangor Veterans Acupuncture Clinic, 6:45-8 p.m., Thursdays, Grace United Methodist Church, 193 Union St. Open to veterans, active-duty military personnel and immediate family members. 990-0188, ext. 13. firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Bingo, Tuesday and Saturday, Dow-Clewley VFW Post 1761, 1368 Hammond St. Doors open 4:30 p.m. Bingo, 6:15 p.m.
• Bingo, Fridays, VFW Post 4633, Canoe Club Road. Early birds, 6 p.m., regular bingo, 7 p.m. Refreshments available. 862-2553.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Thursdays, West Glenburn Community Club, 5 Phillips Road, across from fire station. Doors open 4:30 p.m.; early birds, 5:30 p.m. 745-3067.
• Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament, 11 a.m. Dec. 14, Hampden Kiwanis Civic Center. $103. To register in advance or for information, Keith 356-9949. Benefits Hampden Kiwanis charities.
• Rotary Club of Bangor Festival of Lights Parade, 4:30 p.m. Dec. 7, along Main Street in downtown. Parade theme, “Season’s Greetings.” Parade Route: Railroad Street, right onto Main, crossing Union, through Downtown Bangor, turn right onto State, right on Exchange, end by Camden National Bank.
• Church fundraiser, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 7, Forest Avenue Congregational Church, 300 Forest Ave. Combination of sales and 50/50 raffle. Benefits church heating fund and to assist others. 478-1919.
• Brewer Historical Society, 1-4 p.m. Dec. 7, Clewley Museum, 199 Wilson St. Holiday treats and music. Wreaths, specialty foods, holiday cookies available for purchase.
• Craft fair and bake sale, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 9, Mystic Tie Grange, Route 15. Table space rental, $10. Cathie, 884-8302.
• Holiday coffee and craft sale, 9-11 a.m. Dec. 7, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St.
• Christmas Fair, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 7, St. Ann’s Catholic Church, church hall, Route 178.
Ornament making for children, handmade quilt raffle, broccoli soup and chicken salad sandwich luncheon.
• St. Paul the Apostle Parish Christmas Fair, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 7, at the church, 531 North Main St. Chicken pie or beef stew lunch. 217-6740.
• Willing Workers Christmas Craft Fair, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7, Kenduskeag Union Church, across the bridge from Route 15. Luncheon, door prize.
• Newburgh Holiday Craft Fair, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 7, Newburgh Town Office, 2220 Western Ave. Lunch, bake sale, raffles and children’s room featuring Santa. Table space available for rent, Newburgh Town Office, 234-4151.
• Holiday Shoppe, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 7, Page Farm and Home Museum, University of Maine. To reserve or share booth space, Patricia Henner, 581-4100.
• Christmas Fair, 3-6 p.m. Dec. 6, and 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Dec. 7, Ellingwood’s Corner United Methodist Church, Route 69. Thrift shop open. Soup and sandwich supper, 3-6 p.m. Dec. 6, $3; pancake breakfast, 8 a.m. Dec. 7, $3; homemade pot pie lunch, ends at 3 p.m., $7. Deb. 234-2762.
• “Amphibians on the Move in Complex Landscapes” with Britt Cline, University of Maine doctoral degree candidate, 7 p.m. Dec. 10, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $5 members, $6 others.
• Breakfast buffet, 7-9 a.m., Dec. 14, with pancakes, sausage, eggs, home fries, baked beans donuts, coffee, toast, and juice. $6. Alton United Methodist Church, 3594 Bennoch Road.
• Baked bean and ham supper, 5-6 p.m. Dec. 14, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. Vegetarian option available. $7, $3 children. Sebasticook Valley Band Christmas Concert, 6:30 p.m. Free.
• Breaking Bread soup kitchen, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Apostolic Lighthouse Church, 517 Hammond St. Free. 570-8107.
• Free community meal, 4-6 p.m. Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-9567.
• Free weekly meal, 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Open to all. 945-3166.
• Clifton Community Food Pantry, outreach of Clifton United Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-noon first Mondays; 4-6 p.m. third Mondays, at the church, 742 Airline Road.
• Christmas Shoppers Breakfast, 7:30-11 a.m., Dec. 21, with pancake breakfast toppings, coffee, tea, and juice. Admission: donation to mission team. Corinth United Methodist Church, 275 Main Road.
• Dixmont United Methodist Church turkey pie supper 4:30-6:30 p.m. Dec. 7, Dixmont Snowmobile Clubhouse, Cates Road. $8, $4 children under 12, free to children under 5. Turkey pies to go, $13. To order, Sonia, 234-2271. Drawing for Dixmont Neighbors Helping Neighbors baskets held after supper.
• Hampden Kiwanis Club baked bean supper, 4:30-6 p.m. Dec. 7, Hampden Kiwanis Civic Center. $7, $4 children.
• American Legion baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. third Saturday, Hermon Rescue Squad building, $7, $3 children. 848-5597.
• Neighbors Supporting Neighbors Food Pantry, 9-11 a.m. first and third Thursdays, Penobscot Snowmobile Club, Bog Road. 299-5186.
• Hampden Historical Society’s Kinsley House and the Katherine Trickey Archives, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesdays, April through October or by appointment. 862-2027.
• Orland Historical Society Museum, open by appointment. 469-3354, 944-0914, 469-6817.
• Carols in the Round presented by the Mount View Chamber Singers, 4 p.m. Dec. 8, Saint Mary’s Church, 768 Ohio St. Donations accepted.
• Candlelight Advent Lessons and Carols featuring Choir of St. John’s Church, followed by Advent Tea, 4 p.m. Dec. 8, St. John’s Episcopal Church, 225 French St. Admission by donation to benefit Penquis Community Action Program for heating and fuel assistance.
947-0156 or Choirmaster@stjohnsbangor.org.
• Chamber Choir of St. John’s Catholic Church with organist and director Kevin Birch, Musica Sacra Advent 2013 event, Music in Honor of the Blessed Mother, 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7, St. John’s Catholic Church, 207 York St.
• Bangor Band Christmas Concert, 7 p.m., Dec. 15, Cross Insurance Center ballroom. Brass ensemble plays at 6:15 p.m. Free admission.
• 110th anniversary celebration and Christmas sing-along, 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Dec. 15, Forest Avenue Congregational Church, 300 Forest Ave.
• Bangor Community Chorus, 6:30 p.m. Mondays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-6752.
• Country Jam, 6:30-9 p.m. first and third Thursdays, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Door prizes, 50-50 raffle. Cold beverages available. Donations at the door. 942-0802, 262-9600.
• Heart of Maine Chorus, 6.30 p.m. Mondays, corner of Essex Street and Grandview Avenue. Seeking new members. Bette, 989-4110 or Charlene, 827-4825.
• Penobscot Fiddles amateur musicians group, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays, James F. Doughty Middle School, 143 Fifth St. Open to all ages, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, banjo, bass, piano, accordion, whistles, percussion.
• River City Harmonizers, women’s a cappella, barbershop chorus, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Seeking all harmony parts. 947-3128, 848-5354.
• “The Brick” open mic, all acts, ages, 7-10 p.m. Thursdays, Union Street Brick Church. Sign-up, 6:30 p.m. $2 donation. 945-9798.
• Brewer Firefighters Union Local 2162 annual Holiday Concert with 43 North band, 7 p.m. Dec. 27, Peakes Auditorium, Bangor High School, 855 Broadway. Doors open 6 p.m. Special tribute to modern country and classic southern rock. Benefits scholarship fund for area children, donations to local youth programs, etc. Admission by $10 donation at the door, or 603-516-3421. firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Family ramble with Cyndi Kuhn, 11 a.m.-noon, Dec. 7, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $5 family.
• Reading the Forested Landscape walk with Larry Beauregard, 1 p.m. Dec. 8, Hirundo Wildlife Refuge. Meet at Parker Reed shelter, accessible by Gate 1. $5, free to schoolchildren. Reservations requested by Dec. 7. 944-9259.
• “Cinderella: A New Telling of an Old Tale,” a musical, Dec. 5-29, Bangor Opera House. 7 p.m. Wednesdays through Fridays; 5 p.m. Saturdays; 3 p.m. Sundays; and 10 a.m. Dec. 24. Tickets, $30, $15 youth. 942-3333 or penobscottheatre.org.
• Disney’s “Mulan Jr.,” 7 p.m. Dec. 6-7; 2 p.m. Dec. 7-8, Next Generation Theatre, 39 Center St. Features cast of 23 Bangor and Brewer area children. $7, $4 students up to 18. 989-7100.