June 25, 2018
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Lone Star Ticks | Foraging | Bangor Pride

Duo charged with robbery in connection with Hermon home invasion that left man dead

By Judy Harrison, BDN Staff

BANGOR, Maine — The man and woman allegedly involved in a home invasion nearly two years ago in Hermon that left their companion dead have been charged with Class A robbery in connection with the incident, according to the Penobscot County District Attorney’s Office.

Philip McIntyre, 21, and Danielle Bellefleur, 28, both of Bangor made their first appearances before a judge Wednesday afternoon by video conference at the Penobscot Judicial Center.

The two were indicted on the charges Nov. 27 by the Penobscot County grand jury. The indictment was sealed for 30 days to give law enforcement officers time to arrest McIntyre and Bellefleur without alerting them to the fact that they had been charged, according to Penobscot County District Attorney R. Christopher Almy.

McIntyre and Bellefleur pleaded not guilty to the robbery charges, according to Brendan Trainor, assistant district attorney for Penobscot County. McIntyre’s bail was set at $10,000 cash.

Bellefleur’s bail was set at $20,000 unsecured, the prosecutor said after the duo appeared in court. Because she is having surgery Friday, Bellefleur will be allowed to live in Bucksport with a boyfriend under house arrest while she recovers.

At about 9 a.m. Feb. 15, 2012, the duo, along with Robert Dellairo, 30, of Bangor, broke into the apartment of Daniel Williams, 26, Williams told the Bangor Daily News a few days after the break-in. A scuffle ensued between Williams and his then-roommate, Luis Ramos, 25, and Dellario and McIntyre.

Williams was able to break away and run to his bedroom, where he grabbed his .22-caliber handgun and “did what I had to do,” according to the BDN report.

Williams shot McIntyre in the leg and followed the injured man and his two accomplices out the door to be sure they were leaving. Once outside the house, Dellairo turned back toward Williams and lunged at him. Williams told the BDN that he fired at Dellairo striking him in the hip.

Bellefleur, McIntyre and Dellario fled in a car registered to Bellefleur and went to St. Joseph Hospital in Bangor, according to previous reports. Dellairo was transferred to Eastern Maine Medical Center, where he died the same day.

Williams was tried in January 2013 on trafficking and possession charges after police found a variety of drugs in his home during a search following the shootings. He was convicted by a jury on misdemeanor drug possession charges. Jurors found him not guilty of felony drug trafficking charges.

He was sentenced Feb. 1 to five months in prison and was ordered to pay a $1,500 fine and $1,500 in restitution.

Almy said Wednesday that he waited to take the case to the grand jury until Williams’ drug case had been resolved. The prosecutor also said he wanted to get all the evidence, including lab test results, before charging McIntyre and Bellefleur.

If convicted, each faces up to 30 years in prison and fine of up to $50,000.

McIntyre and Bellefleur are next due in court on Feb. 4, Trainor said.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like