Fire destroys Corinth mobile home, kills two dogs

Posted Nov. 26, 2013, at 12:16 p.m.

CORINTH, Maine — A fire destroyed a mobile home Tuesday morning and claimed the lives of two dogs.

The blaze broke out shortly before 7 a.m. at a residence on the Beans Mill Road, Corinth Fire Chief Scott Bragdon said.

Bragdon said when crews arrived, heavy flames were spewing throughout the single-story structure.

The homeowners were not home at the time of the fire, but their two dogs perished, Bragdon said. Crews had to knock the blaze down from outside before gaining any entry.

Bragdon said the fire may have been caused by faulty electrics, but the state fire marshal’s office is looking into a cause.

Bradford, Kenduskeag, Hudson and Charleston provided Corinth with mutual aid. The Red Cross is aiding the residents. .

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Penobscot