October 22, 2017
Penobscot Latest News | Poll Questions | Haunted Maine | Bald Eagles | Medicaid Expansion

Lincoln trailer fire ‘a nice save,’ chief says

By Nick Sambides Jr., BDN Staff
Updated:

LINCOLN, Maine — A faulty water heater might have caused a fire that firefighters doused before it did extensive damage to a trailer on Mohawk Drive on Thursday, Public Safety Director Dan Summers said Friday.

“It was a nice save,” Summers said. “They saved the place. Put it that way.”

No one was home at 723 Mohawk Road when a passerby or neighbor noticed smoke pouring from the residence and called 911 at about 7 p.m. Firefighters doused the flames within 20 minutes. No injuries were reported, Summers said.

The fire did about $2,000 of damage, which was contained to the area near the water heater, Summers said. Firefighters told the homeowner to move out temporarily until an electrician could certify the trailer’s safety.

Investigators from the state fire marshal’s office will be reviewing the scene to determine the fire’s cause, Summers said. No foul play is suspected.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like