MANCHESTER, Maine — A 57-year-old man was killed in a house fire early Saturday morning, according to Maine State Police.
Investigators believe the man, whose body was found in a second-floor bedroom of the Granite Hill Road home, was Samuel Spinicci, state police spokesman Stephen McCausland said in a press release Saturday evening.
The fire is believed to have started when a fan malfunctioned and set nearby curtains on fire, the release said.
Spinicci is believed to have lived at the house along with his wife and children, fire investigators said.
The two operated Kennebec Taxi in the Augusta area. The business’s office was located in a recreational vehicle parked next to the house. The fire was reported at 6:16 a.m. by family members who were either outside or in the RV, McCausland said in the release.
The body was taken to the state medical examiner’s office for examination and identification.
The medical examiner determined Saturday night that Spinicci died from smoke inhalation.