September 21, 2017
Midcoast Latest News | Poll Questions | Opioid Epidemic | Hurricane Jose | Stephen King

Blaze that destroyed Nobleboro home may have started with extension cord in child’s bedroom

By Beth Brogan, BDN Staff
Updated:

NOBLEBORO, Maine — A fire at 9 Chickering Road drew firefighters from four communities Monday afternoon, but fire crews were unable to save the home.

The Nobleboro Fire Department was dispatched at 2:38 p.m., and arrived to discover that the entire house was ablaze, Nobleboro Fire Chief Ryan Gallagher said Tuesday morning.

Firefighters from Bremen, Damariscotta and Newcastle provided mutual aid, and had the fire under control by approximately 3:30 p.m. They were on scene cleaning up until about 7 p.m., Gallagher said.

No one was home at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported.

The state fire marshal’s office determined that the blaze was accidental and possibly started in an extension cord in a child’s bedroom, according to Gallagher.


Did we get something wrong? Please, Let us know, submit a correction.

You may also like