BANGOR, Maine — The Bangor CareerCenter announced its August programming for job seekers and those considering training to upgrade job skills to increase employability. Maine Veterans receive priority of service in all CareerCenter programs.
Workshops and programs are free to the public and held at the CareerCenter on Oak Street unless otherwise noted. All events require advance registration in person or by phone at 207-561-4050.
The schedule is:
• Representatives from the Charlotte White Center will be at the CareerCenter 11 a.m.-noon and 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, to conduct two informational sessions on recruiting day treatment case aides, MH residential staff and therapeutic specialists.
• Representatives from FedEx will be at the Bangor CareerCenter 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23; Friday, Sept. 6 and Wednesday, Oct. 2, to recruit temporary drivers.
• The Care and Comfort company will hold recruitment events at the CareerCenter 9 a.m.-noon Thursday, Aug. 22, and Thursday, Sept. 19. The company has several openings for community support workers. Bring a resume. For information, go to careandcomfort.com.
• GateWay To Employment, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Mondays, Bangor, at the EMDC office. Reservations, 610-1521. Basic information on resumes, interviews and job search skills as well as CareerCenter and community services available during a job search.
• Computer Club, 8-9 a.m. Tuesdays. Learn computer basics.
• Resume Workshop, 9 a.m.-noon, first and third Tuesdays. Learn how to use key words and phrases to catch an employer’s attention.
CareerCenters, part of the Maine Department of Labor, offer a variety of services to help people find employment or upgrade skills. Each center provides several public-access computer workstations with Microsoft Office software, resume writing and cover letter software, Internet access and O’Net software for skills assessment. All CareerCenter services are free of charge. Call 753-9005 (TTY users call Maine Relay 711). More information is available at mainecareercenter.com.
Maine CareerCenters are an equal opportunity provider. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.