HERMON — The Hermon Recreation Department will present its Summer Sizzler event Friday and Saturday, Aug. 9-10. The schedule is:
• Little Miss Hermon Pageant, 6:30 p.m., Hermon High School. $3.
• Adult co-ed softball tournament at the recreation fields. Umpire and team meeting, 7:45 a.m. Games begin at 8 a.m. at the softball fields. Breakfast and lunch concessions available.
• Early bird pancake breakfast, 7-9 a.m., Lynde Masonic Lodge, Route 2.
• “Art in the Gardens,” 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Ectotat Gardens, corner of Annis Road and Route 2. Sponsored by Art Minded People, a group of local artists who gather and paint in the gardens with all media. Arts and crafts for sale, including paintings, jewelry, painted glassware, ornaments.
• Summer Sizzler 5K Road Race, 10 a.m. Registration at the information booth, Hermon Elementary School. $10. Walkers begin at 10:30 a.m., runners at 10:45 a.m.
• Hermon Recreation Summer Sizzler Parade, 11 a.m. Parade route from Hermon High School to Hermon Elementary School.
• Carnival Land, noon-4 p.m. Water slide, obstacle course, bounce houses, carnival games, face painting, food and more. Special guest Kyle the balloon artist. $5 wristband for unlimited access to these activities, available at hermon.net or at the information booth day of the event.
• 4H Club Shoes and Shears Petting Zoo, noon-2 p.m. Safely feed and pet sheep, rabbits, goats, ducks and chickens.
• Child Identification Program, noon-3 p.m., at the Lynde Masonic Lodge booth. Free.
• Motorcycle and classic car display, noon-2 p.m. Hermon Elementary School.
• Friends of Hermon Football, noon-4 p.m. Passing, kicking, trying on gear, etc. Discounted
Hawk cards available for purchase and information about the football programs offered in Hermon.
• Hermon Recreation Fit Club, 12:15 p.m., under the big tent. Demonstrations. Attendees invited to participate.
• Little Miss Hermon participants performing their pageant routine to “Diamonds Are A Girl’s
Best Friend” from the TV show “Glee”, 12:30 p.m., under the big tent.
• Morita’s School of Dance performers, 12:45 p.m., under the big tent.
• RC Flying Club radio control airplane flying demonstration, 1 p.m., baseball field.
• Hermon Pans Steel Drum Show 1:15 p.m., near the big tent.
• Watermelon Eating Competition, 1:30 p.m., under the big tent. Registration is required by 1 p.m. at the information table.
• Levi Rounder’s Square Dance Club dance demonstration, 2 p.m., under the big tent.
• Next Generation Theatre, 2:30 p.m., under the big tent. Dances thru the Decades and Life’s a Happy Song from The Muppets.
• Maine Traditional Karate demonstration, 3:15 p.m., under the big tent. Sponsored program of Hermon Recreation, offering fall and spring classes.
• Karaoke, 6 p.m. Sing along under the big tent.
• Street dance, 7 p.m.
• Evening entertainment by Fast Dogs Entertainment. Gates open at 6 p.m. $3, free to seniors and children under 12.
• Fireworks display at dusk over the recreation fields, Hermon Elementary School.