Home destroyed, woman hospitalized in Richmond fire

A firefighter looks over the smoldering remains of a mobile home on Kimball Street in Richmond early Monday morning. The fire was reported at 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Crews from Richmond, Bowdoinham and Dresden were on scene. Bowdoin Fire Department provided station coverage.
Darcie Moore | Times Record
A firefighter looks over the smoldering remains of a mobile home on Kimball Street in Richmond early Monday morning. The fire was reported at 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Crews from Richmond, Bowdoinham and Dresden were on scene. Bowdoin Fire Department provided station coverage.
Posted Aug. 05, 2013, at 12:34 p.m.
Last modified Aug. 06, 2013, at 2:31 p.m.
Fightfighters examine the damage to a mobile home on Kimball Street in Richmond early Monday morning. The fire was reported at 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Crews from Richmond, Bowdoinham and Dresden were on scene. Bowdoin Fire Department provided station coverage.
Darcie Moore | Times Record
Fightfighters examine the damage to a mobile home on Kimball Street in Richmond early Monday morning. The fire was reported at 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Crews from Richmond, Bowdoinham and Dresden were on scene. Bowdoin Fire Department provided station coverage.

RICHMOND, Maine — A late-night fire Sunday destroyed a mobile home on Kimball Street, drawing firefighters from three towns and sending a female resident to a Brunswick hospital.

The building was engulfed after it was reported to firefighters at 11:30 p.m., Richmond Fire Chief Matt Roberge said.

A garage that stands in front of the charred trailer appears not to have been damaged by the fire.

Roberge said a woman was home at the time of the fire and was transported to Mid Coast Hospital in Brunswick for treatment as a precaution, in part due to smoke inhalation. There were reportedly two other people home but outside when the fire happened.

The state fire marshal’s office was also called and arrived on scene early today, mainly due to the injuries the resident suffered and to assist Roberge in determining the cause of the fire.

The residence near a hydrant, so “we were able to get the water [to knock down the fire] really quick,” Roberge said.

He said early today while still at the scene that he believes the fire was reported by a neighbor.

 

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Augusta