October 19, 2017
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Haunted Maine | Obamacare | National Anthem Protests

Microwave catches fire in Hermon home

By Ryan McLaughlin, BDN Staff

HERMON, Maine — A quick firefighter response was crucial in knocking down a fire in a Billings Road home Wednesday morning.

The fire started in a kitchen microwave around 10 a.m., according to Hermon firefighter Grant Hines, but the kitchen appliance was the lone casualty.

A quick response enabled Hermon crews to keep the fire from spreading, Hines said.

Billings Road was shut down at the Fuller Road intersection until crews cleared the scene around 11:40 a.m., Hines said.

The kitchen was damaged by smoke but structurally the house is OK, Hines said. No injuries were reported.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like