Microwave catches fire in Hermon home

Posted July 31, 2013, at 2:22 p.m.

HERMON, Maine — A quick firefighter response was crucial in knocking down a fire in a Billings Road home Wednesday morning.

The fire started in a kitchen microwave around 10 a.m., according to Hermon firefighter Grant Hines, but the kitchen appliance was the lone casualty.

A quick response enabled Hermon crews to keep the fire from spreading, Hines said.

Billings Road was shut down at the Fuller Road intersection until crews cleared the scene around 11:40 a.m., Hines said.

The kitchen was damaged by smoke but structurally the house is OK, Hines said. No injuries were reported.

Similar articles:

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business