Corinth teen still hospitalized; probe into what happened continues

Posted July 22, 2013, at 3:30 p.m.
Last modified July 22, 2013, at 6:38 p.m.

CORINTH, Maine — The Maine State Police are continuing to investigate what happened to a 14-year-old Corinth boy found unconscious and bloodied on Route 15 late Friday night.

Christopher Killian remained hospitalized on Monday at Eastern Maine Medical Center, according to Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland. Police believe the teenager suffered head injuries, McCausland said.

Investigators are working to retrace his steps, he added.

The boy was knocked out and bleeding from a head wound when a passing motorist found him in the road just before midnight Friday and called 911, state police Lt. Wesley Hussey said Sunday.

He said that police had not been able to determine if Killian was victim of a hit-and-run accident or if something else had happened to him.

A Mayo Regional Hospital ambulance took the boy to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, Hussey said. Killian remained unconscious in the intensive care unit at EMMC on Sunday.

Information about his medical condition was not available Monday afternoon, a hospital community relations staffer said on Monday.

“We still don’t know what happened to him,” McCausland said Monday. “Obviously a key factor will be talking to him when his condition improves so we can get a first-hand account.”

Investigators have interviewed the boy’s mother to try to determine what the boy had been doing that night, Hussey said Sunday.

“He was out, that’s the most I can say. We have an indication he was on his way home, and walking,” Hussey said.

State police ask anyone with information about the incident to call 866-2121 or 1-800-432-7381.

Bangor Daily News reporter Nick Sambides contributed to this report.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business