Brunswick men charged with burglarizing athletic field concession stands

By Beth Brogan, BDN Staff
Posted July 17, 2013, at 11:33 a.m.

BRUNSWICK, Maine — Two local men were arrested last week and charged with burglary and theft after police allege they broke into concession stands at local Lishness and Edwards fields and stole money, candy and other food.

NIcholas Dylan Berry, 20, and Adam Paul Consolini, 31, were arrested Tuesday at the former Jordan Acres Elementary School off Jordan Avenue, Brunswick Police Lt. Michael Moody said Wednesday.

Police went at 7:46 p.m. Tuesday to the school, where witnesses reported seeing two men standing on top of the building, Moody said.

Each man is charged with four counts of burglary and three counts of theft for incidents that occurred in June and July, according to Detective Greg Mears.

Mears described the amount of money stolen from the concession stands as “small,” and said police identified the two suspects through surveillance video.

Berry and Consolini were released from the Brunswick Police Station on personal recognizance. They are scheduled to appear in West Bath District Court on Sept. 17.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/07/17/news/midcoast/brunswick-men-charged-with-burglarizing-athletic-field-concession-stands/ printed on July 30, 2014