BANGOR — Organizers of the American Folk Festival Friday through Sunday, Aug. 23-25, on the Bangor Waterfront announced the full list of artists who are scheduled to appear at the event in August:
• The Qi Shu Fang Peking Opera Company.
• Samba Mapangala and Orchestra Virunga from Congo.
• Aurelio Martinez and his band Garifuna from Honduras
• This year, he will perform with the
• Yves Lambert Trio. Accordionist Lambert appeared at the 2002 Folk Festival in Bangor as part of the Quebecois group La Bottinne Souriante.
• Juvenato Vallenato, music of Colombia.
• The Chankas, traditional Scissors Dance of Peru.
• Frank Ferrel and Friends, traditional fiddle music of New England and Maritime.
• Members of the Irish group Solas Winnie Horan and Mick McAuley, with Celtic guitarist Colm O’Caoimh.
• James King Band, bluegrass music.
• Clarinetist Stavros Pappas and his group Elatos, traditional Greek music.
Leading the parade at the Festival, as well as taking the stage for an energetic salsa set will be Jorge Arce and Raiz de Plena, sharing the Puerto Rican plena tradition.
For information, visit americanfolkfestival.com or contact the American Folk Festival at: P.O. Box 1206, Bangor ME 04402, or call 992-2630.