It is important to keep that flame burning in your relationship and the best way to do that is to take time as a couple and go on a date.
Don’t let money be the reason you and your loved one lose that spark. Not every outing has to break the bank.
There are plenty of fun and romantic budget friendly dates to dabble in! Here are 7 budget friendly ideas to get you started:
• Picnic in the park: Make some tasty treats; grab a bottle of wine and a blanket. Head to your local park and relax on the grass. Bring some bread to feed the ducks and enjoy the relaxation.
Most parks have fun things to participate in like small farmer markets, swings or paddle boats. You most likely won’t spend over 20 bucks for this date.
• Drive-in theater: Unfortunately, drive in theaters are getting less and less common. But if your area is lucky to have one, check it out.
It’s very enjoyable and inexpensive. Pack some goodies and a warm blanket and get ready to snuggle up. If there isn’t a drive-in close to you, check with your city about movies in the park. Some parks will show a film during the warmer months at night.
• Brewery or winery tour: Local, small breweries and wineries are always pushing for people to take tours, so tour ticket costs are very low. This is great way to support your local economy and enjoy these tasty sips. The tour most likely consists of learning about their business, tasting their products and going home with a new glass!
• Date at home: Why leave when you have everything at home? Clean the house up a bit, take the kids to grandmas and set up the dining room table. Cook dinner together, play some tunes, light the candles and pour the wine.
An evening home is inexpensive and can be quite romantic. Try dancing to your favorite CD in your living room. Go ahead, no one’s watching. :)
• Local dive bar: Nothing like a good hole in the wall bar to get your competitive side going. That small bar down the road from your home most likely has pool tables and darts plus cheap beer.
This is fun and out of the ordinary for couples, but you can enjoy people watching other locals – and don’t forget quarters for the juke box.
• Ice skate or roller skate: During the winter months check for outdoor ice skating. Most tickets are under 15 bucks each to skate for an hour or two. During the warmer months, head over to your local indoor skating rink, there usually are some sort of specials going on.
Try not to laugh when your partner falls.
• Fruit picking: This is definitely different from your typical dinner and a movie. What is great about fruit picking is that again, it supports your local businesses and plus dinner will be fresh and delish! Check your city for the nearest farm, farms will most likely provide all the supplies you need for a low cost. This is a great weekend date.
Call a babysitter; stop making excuses and start dating again! There is nothing like trying something new and fun with your loved one to keep things going. Search your local city for events and possible date ideas, you will be surprised to see how many are low cost if any at all.
Distributed by MCT Information Services