Posted June 11, 2013, at 9:46 p.m.
Last modified June 12, 2013, at 6:16 p.m.
Many towns went to the polls Tuesday to vote on school budgets and fill seats on community boards. At least two school districts voted down their budgets, with a third headed toward rejection, and voters in Old Orchard Beach recalled six of their seven town councilors. Use the links to …
The figures for Parkman given to the Bangor Daily News on Tuesday night and subsequently printed in Wednesday’s paper were inaccurate. Parkman residents voted against continuing the budget referendum for three more years by a 14-9 vote, and not a 19-9 vote, as was given to the BDN. This caused the overall figure to change from a 109-107 defeat of the article, as was printed in the paper, to a 107-104 passage of the article.
Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com
The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.
- Keep it civil and stay on topic
- No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
- People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more
It should be noted this is not a comprehensive list.
- Don't insult one another or the subjects of BDN stories. You may be ticked off at what someone did or said, but you can explain that without resorting to name-calling or obscenity. Remember that young people are on this site too.
- That nasty line that makes your buddies go "haw, haw"? You're better than that.
- Comments should be your own work, not copied and pasted from elsewhere, though brief quoted passages to make your point are fine. And please don't use all capital letters. There's no need to shout.
- Stay focused on the issue in the article. Off-topic posts will be deleted.
- This isn't a forum to chat about your personal life.
- Some ideas — the fate of the earth, abortion, gun control, the nature of God — aren't going to be resolved in a reader forum, so no need to get frustrated if others don't see your point of view. State your position once and leave it at that.
- If you mouse over each comment you will see a "Flag" button. Please use it if you feel comments on the site are out of line. Quite often, we won't see a comment until it's reported.
- Questions about why a comment was — or wasn't — deleted? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your username and where you posted or saw the comment.
That's about it: Stick to writing about the stories; be civil; be kind; enlighten your neighbors. And we'll keep moderating posts to try to ensure everyone meets those standards.