Calendar runs as space permits. Items with dates take precedence over activities that occur every week. ITEMS FOR CALENDAR ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE THURSDAY OF PUBLICATION. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail The Weekly Calendar, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402.
• “Memories, Dreams, Joy,” paintings of Richard W. Field of Lewiston, through June 22, Robert E. White Art Gallery in Peabody Hall, Husson University/ Gallery hours, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. 941-7887.
• Upward Bound Vacation Bible School, 9 a.m.-noon June 24-28, Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian Church, 375 Mount Hope Ave. For children age 4 to eighth-graders. Register at 942-8054.
• Maine Discovery Museum, 74 Main St., 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Sunday. New exhibit Dino Dig; tree house, sound studio, pilot a ship, $7.50. Free to members and those under age 1. 262-7200.
• University of Maine Jordan Planetarium star shows, 7 p.m. Fridays and 2 p.m Sundays. $3 per person. Seating limited. Information and reservations, 581-1341 or GalaxyMaine.com. Private and field trip showings can be arranged.
• Aqua exercise, 8:45-9:45 a.m. Saturdays, Lura Hoit Pool,146 Western Ave. Drop in fee $4 residents, $5 others or purchase and punch card for 12 classes $30 residents, $42 others.
• Dollhouse miniature club, 10:30 a.m. Information, 942-0326, leave message.
• Eastern Maine Die-cast Association, for collectors of diecast and toy vehicles, airplanes, soldiers, etc., second Mondays, at a local restaurant. 745-1345, 942-3801.
• Queen City Grange 30, second Monday, Grange hall, 1192 Ohio St. Potluck supper 6 p.m.; meeting 7 p.m. Membership open to those 14 and up. 973-3976.
• Miniature war gamers’ re-enacting club, 10 a.m. second Saturday, Forest Avenue Congregational Church, 300 Forest Ave. 478-1598.
• Bangor Toastmasters, nonprofit educational organization teaches public speaking and leadership skills, 7 p.m. first and third Wednesdays, Beal College, 99 Farm Road. Guests welcome. email@example.com.
• Rendez-Vous, French conversation group, 5:30-6:30 p.m. first and third Wednesdays, Starbucks, Bangor Mall Boulevard. French speakers welcome.
• Bangor Grange 30, first and third Tuesdays, Bangor Grange hall, 1192 Ohio St. Potluck supper, 6 p.m.; meeting, 7 p.m. 973-3976.
• Paul Bunyan chapter of BNI, 7-8:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Wellman Commons, Masonic Foundation Building, 294 Union St. 843-5603.
• German Stammtisch language group, 5:30 p.m. second and fourth Wednesdays, Books-A-Million. 866-4992.
• Arnold R. Kelly American Legion Post 200, 7 p.m. last Thursdays, Hermon Volunteer Rescue Squad building, Billings Road. 848-5597.
• Book discussion groups: Tuesday Readers, 10 a.m. third Tuesdays; Thursday Thoughtful Readers, 3 p.m. third Thursdays; Evening Book, 6:30 p.m. third Tuesdays, Orono Public Library, 39 Pine St. 866-5060.
• Line dance classes, 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Jo, 945-9061.
• Line dance classes, 6-8 p.m., Tuesdays, upstairs, Brewer Eagles Club, 22 Atlantic Ave. All levels. $5. Benefits Brewer Eagles Club. 852-3284.
• Bangor Veterans Acupuncture Clinic, 6:45-8 p.m., Thursdays, Grace United Methodist Church, 193 Union St. Open to veterans, active-duty military personnel and immediate family members. 990-0188, ext. 13, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• Bingo, Tuesday and Saturday, Dow-Clewley VFW Post 1761, 1368 Hammond St. Doors open 4:30 p.m. Bingo, 6:15 p.m.
• Poetry open mic, 7-8 p.m. last Tuesdays, Books-A-Million, upstairs, Bangor Mall. 941-1670.
• Bingo, Fridays, VFW Post 4633, Canoe Club Road. Early birds, 6 p.m., regular bingo, 7 p.m. Refreshments available. 862-2553.
• Bingo, 7 p.m. Thursdays, West Glenburn Community Club, 5 Phillips Road, across from fire station. Doors open 4:30 p.m.; early birds, 5:30 p.m. 745-3067.
• Quilt Day, noon-4 p.m. June 15, Eastern Maine Development Corporation, 40 Harlow St. $10, $8 Bangor Museum and History Center members, $15 quilt assessment. 942-1900 or bangormuseum.org.
• Peony Society of Maine 12th annual Garden Tour, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. June 15 and June 22, home of Ken Liberty, 23 Ohio St. Admission by suggested donation of $3. One peony plant given away at the end of each tour.
• Friends of the Bangor Public Library annual book sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 15, at the library. Last hour, books sold by the bag. Preview for Friends members, 5-6:30 p.m. June 14. 945-6883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Yard and clothing sale, 7 a.m.-1 p.m. June 15, St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, corner of North Main and Holyoke streets.
• 10th annual Orono Bog Boardwalk yard sale, 8-4 p.m. Saturday, June 14, 139 Main St. To donate items, Jim Bird, 866-2578.
• Winterport Fire and Rescue Auxiliary dance, 8-11 p.m. June 29, Wagner School, Mount View Drive. Semi-formal attire. Door prize. Open to those 18 and older. Music provided by DJ Chuck McKay. $10 per person. Tickets: Leadbetter’s Super Stop, Bangor; Rise and Shine, Winterport Winery and Not Just Milk and Cookies all in Winterport.
Saturday June 15,
• Sunkhaze Café, 10 a.m. June 15, Daybreak Bakery, 241 Main St. Jerry Longcore, Emeritus Biologist with USGS, “Timberdoodling: An American Woodcock Story.” Free and open to all.
• Baked beans and ham supper, 5:30 p.m. June 15, Bangor Grange, 1192 Ohio St. Mountain Air, 7 p.m. Supper $8; show $7; both $13. 973-3976.
• Breaking Bread soup kitchen, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Apostolic Lighthouse Church, 517 Hammond St. Free. 570-8107.
• Free community meal, 4-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-9567.
• Free weekly meal, 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Open to all. 945-3166.
• Father’s Day dinner, 1-2 p.m. June 16, Old Town Riverside Grange, 1266 North Main St. $7, $3.50 children.
• Baked bean supper, 5-6 p.m. June 15, at Elm Street Congregational Church. $8, $5 children ages 5 to10, free to children under 5.
• Baked bean supper, 4:30-6 p.m. June 15, Union Congregational Church, Plymouth Road. $7, free to children under 6.
• Clifton Community Food Pantry, outreach of Clifton United Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-noon first Mondays; 4-6 p.m. third Mondays, at the church, 742 Airline Road. To volunteer, contact church for interview.
• Baked bean supper, 5-6:30 p.m. June 15, Dedham Church, Route 46. $8, $4 children.
• American Legion baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. third Saturday, Hermon Rescue Squad building, $7, $3 children. 848-5597.
• Neighbors Supporting Neighbors Food Pantry, 9-11 a.m. first and third Thursdays, Penobscot Snowmobile Club, Bog Road. 299-5186.
• Bangor Museum and History Center, 159 Union St. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. $5, $3 seniors, free to children. 942-1900.
• Cole Land Transportation Museum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. through Nov. 11, 405 Perry Road. Horse-drawn wagon to 18-wheeler trucks, snowplows, hearses, military vehicles, restored motorcycles, historic fire trucks, American Railfan locomotive, freight car, caboose, Maine World War II Memorial, Maine Vietnam Memorial, Purple Heart monument, Bangor World War II Memorial, 5th Armored Division collection of WWII memorabilia, Army tank, Huey helicopter. $7, $5 seniors, free age 18 and under. 990-3600, ext. 13, or colemuseum.org.
• Hampden Historical Society’s Kinsley House and the Katherine Trickey Archives, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. April through October or by appointment. 862-2027.
• Orland Historical Society Museum, open by appointment. 469-3354, 944-0914, 469-6817.
• Bangor Community Chorus, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-6752.
• Country Jam, 6:30-9 p.m. first and third Thursdays, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. Door prizes, 50-50 raffle. Cold beverages available. Donations at the door. 942-0802, 262-9600.
• Heart of Maine Chorus of Sweet Adelines, 6.30 p.m. Mondays, corner of Essex Street and Grandview Avenue. 989-4110.
• Penobscot Fiddles amateur musicians group, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays, James F. Doughty Middle School, 143 Fifth St. Open to all ages, fiddle, mandolin, guitar, banjo, bass, piano, accordion, whistles, percussion.
• River City Harmonizers, women’s a cappella, barbershop chorus, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursdays, Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Seeking all harmony parts. 947-3128, 848-5354.
• “The Brick” open mic, all acts, ages, 7-10 p.m. Thursdays, Union Street Brick Church. Sign-up, 6:30 p.m. $2 donation. 945-9798.
• Next Generation Theatre, 39 Center St.: The Union, 7 p.m. June 13. Music, art, poetry. Local musicians and artists with live painting and musical performances. Opportunity to purchase art after the show. Benefits theater children’s programs. $5 at the door. Also, Sentimental Journey with vocalist Alice Smith, 7:30 p.m. June 15, $8 at the door.
• DADGAD open mic coffeehouse, third Saturdays, Keith Anderson Community House, Bennoch Road. Acoustic jam, 6 p.m., open mic signup, 7 p.m. $3, coffee and snacks included. Free to children under 12. 942-3827.
• Fields Pond Audubon Center programs: Moonlight canoeing, 7 p.m. June 20, $10 members, $15 others, canoe rental $5, includes life jacket and paddles, advance registration required; summer solstice celebration, 7-8:30 p.m. June 21, open to all ages, $7 members, $10 others.
989-2591 or maineaudubon.org.
• Hirundo Wildlife Refuge programs: Father’s Day guided paddle with Bucky Owen, 2-3:30 p.m. June 16, reservation and cancellation by June 15, free, donations accepted; summer full moon paddle, 7 p.m. June 21, registration and cancellation by June 20; kayak skills clinic, 1-4 p.m. June 22, at the refuge, $55, kayak rentals $10, registration and cancellation by June 20. 944-9259.
• Sparrow tour of Orono Bog, Prospect and Frankfort with John Wyatt, visit the bog, Mendall Marsh and nearby blueberry barrens, 7 a.m.-noon June 22, meet at Bangor City Forest parking lot. $20 members, $30 others. Advance registration required. 989-2591 or maineaudubon.org.