Calendar runs as space permits. Items with dates take precedence over activities that occur every week. ITEMS FOR CALENDAR ARE DUE 10 DAYS BEFORE THE THURSDAY OF PUBLICATION. Email: email@example.com. Mail The Weekly Calendar, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402.
• The Union, collaboration of live music and live art, inspiring one another onstage, 7 p.m. June 13, Next Generation Theatre, 39 Center St. Features artists Courtney Hutchinson, Kat Johnson and Krystin Noyes; musicians Rotating Taps and The Windora Project; and poet Allan Lloyd Trott. Tickets $5, at the theater.
• Upward Bound Vacation Bible School, 9 a.m.-noon June 24-28, Pilgrim Orthodox Presbyterian Church, 375 Mount Hope Ave. For children age 4 to eighth-graders. Register at 942-8054.
• Christian Women Alive luncheon, noon June 8, Dysart’s Banquet room. Order off menu. Guest speaker, Cindy Dunfee. 285-0074.
• Brewer Historical Society, 7 p.m. June 11, Brewer First Methodist Church meeting room, 40 South Main St. Speaker Bruce Moore on Brewer Civil War soldiers who fought at Gettysburg, and Samuel Davis, Civil War sailor who obtained Congressional Medal of Honor.
• Line dancing classes, 2-3:30 p.m. Sundays, Sunbury Village, 922 Ohio St. $2. All levels. 262-9600, 262-0802.
• Bangor Singles Club, 7 p.m.-midnight, June 7, Brewer Eagles Club. Country Mist with Don Nickerson. Advance tickets by mail, call 944-2115 Saturday through Thursday. No tickets at the door.
• Line dance classes, 6-8 p.m., Tuesdays, upstairs, Brewer Eagles Club, 22 Atlantic Ave. All levels. $5. Benefits Brewer Eagles Club. 852-3284.
• Silent auction, noon-5 p.m. June 9, Happy Acres Hall. Benefits Jessi Mallory who is ill. Music provided by The Mainely Country Band, Rockin’ Ron, Ranger, Pard and Lisa Higgins, The Allison Ames Band and Dakota. Auction items and donations may be dropped off at Bangor Window Shade. Jeff Budge, 990-5029.
• Indoor yard sale, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. June 8, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. Also, bake sale. 945-4576.
• Friends of the Bangor Public Library annual book sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 15, at the library. Last hour, books sold by the bag. Preview for Friends members, 5-6:30 p.m. June 14. Proceeds help support the library. Volunteers needed to help sort books during week of June 10. 945-6883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Annual spring plant sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 8, Unitarian Universalist Society of Bangor, 120 Park St. 974-9919.
• Dixmont United Methodist Church yard sale, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. June 8, Louis I. Bussey Schoolhouse, 994 Western Ave.
• Hampden Garden Club seventh annual day lily sale, 9 a.m.-noon June 8, Harmony Hall, 24 Kennebec Road. Many varieties of day lilies donated by hybridizer Bill Warman. Benefits restoration of Harmony Hall. Pat, 862-3909.
• Bake sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. June 8, Levant Heritage Library, Union Street.
• Book sale, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. June 8, Levant Heritage Library, Union Street. Paperbacks 50 cents, hardcovers $1, quantity discount.
• Yard and bake sale, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. June 7-8, Newburgh Volunteer Fire Department, Route 9.
Stuff a bag with clothing, $3. Books, toys, dishes, furniture.
• 10th annual Orono Bog Boardwalk yard sale, 8-4 p.m. Saturday, June 14, 139 Main St. To donate items, Jim Bird, 866-2578.
• Indoor yard sale, 8 a.m.-noon and 4-6 p.m. June 8, Ellingwoods Corner United Methodist Church, Route 69 and Monroe Road. Also, baked bean supper 4-6 p.m., $7, $4 children 4 to 11, free to children 3 and under. Debbie Calderwood, 234-2762.
• River City Cinema: “Room 237,” 7 p.m. June 7, Bangor Opera House, Main Street. $8 at the door or in advance at rivercitycinema.org.
• Fields Pond Book Discussion Group: “Summer World” by Bernd Heinrich, 6:30 p.m. June 13, Bangor Public Library. Free.
• “Civil War Surgeries of Maine Soldiers” with Dr. John Blaisdell, 1 p.m. June 8, Bangor Museum and History Center, Thomas A. Hill House, 159 Union St. Free. 942-1900.
• Breakfast buffet, 6-9 a.m. June 8, Alton Methodist Church. $6.
• Breaking Bread soup kitchen, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Mondays, Apostolic Lighthouse Church, 517 Hammond St. Free. 570-8107.
• Free community meal, 4-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, 703 Essex St. 945-9567.
• Free weekly meal, 4:30-6 p.m. Wednesdays, Redeemer Lutheran Church, 540 Essex St. Open to all. 945-3166.
• Clifton Community Food Pantry, outreach of Clifton United Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-noon first Mondays; 4-6 p.m. third Mondays, at the church, 742 Airline Road. To volunteer, contact church for interview.
• Baked ham and bean supper, 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. seatings, June 8, Eddington Clifton Civic Center (Comins Hall), 1387 Main Road. $7, $3 children.
• American Legion baked bean supper, 4:30-6:30 p.m. third Saturday, Hermon Rescue Squad building, $7, $3 children. 848-5597.
• Neighbors Supporting Neighbors Food Pantry, 9-11 a.m. first and third Thursdays, Penobscot Snowmobile Club, Bog Road. 299-5186.
• Birdathon celebration potluck dinner, 6-7:30 p.m. June 14, Fields Pond Audubon Center.
Free and open to all. Bring a dish to share. 989-2591.
• Holden Congregational Church supper, 5 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. seatings, June 8, Holden Congregational Church, 16 Church Road. $7, $4 children under 12, free to preschoolers. 989-3078.
• Bangor Museum and History Center, 159 Union St. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. $5, $3 seniors, free to children. 942-1900.
• Cole Land Transportation Museum, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. through Nov. 11, 405 Perry Road. Horse-drawn wagon to 18-wheeler trucks, snowplows, hearses, military vehicles, restored motorcycles, historic fire trucks, American Railfan locomotive, freight car, caboose, Maine World War II Memorial, Maine Vietnam Memorial, Purple Heart monument, Bangor World War II Memorial, 5th Armored Division collection of WWII memorabilia, Army tank, Huey helicopter. $7, $5 seniors, free age 18 and under. 990-3600, ext. 13, colemuseum.org.
• Hampden Historical Society’s Kinsley House and the Katherine Trickey Archives, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. April through October or by appointment. 862-2027.
• Orland Historical Society Museum, open by appointment. 469-3354, 944-0914, 469-6817.
• St. John’s Organ Society and Bangor Chapter of the American Guild of Organists organ concert by Abraham Ross, organ scholar, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass, 4 p.m. June 9, St. John’s Catholic Church, 207 York St. Free, but donations appreciated. Kevin Birch, 942-6941 or HookOpus288.org.
• The Brewer Hometown Band Summer Concert series begins 6:30 p.m. June 6, Brewer Auditorium if weather is inclement. Free, donations accepted. 989-5199.
• Maine Street R & B Revue with vocalist Amy Tellier Briggs, 7 p.m. June 8, Next Generation Theatre, 39 Center St. $10.
• Seventies Reunion benefit dance, 7-11 p.m. June 8, Eddington Clifton Civic Center (Comins Hall), 1387 Main Road. $7 at the door. Box office opens 6:30 p.m. Bands: Rebel Hill Rebels, Down East Country, Alice the Madd Hatter and Wolf Bone, Ryan Carter and Friends. Hosted by radio personalities Brotha Love and Lonesome Willie. Refreshments available for purchase.
• DADGAD open mic coffeehouse, third Saturdays, Keith Anderson Community House, Bennoch Road. Acoustic jam, 6 p.m., open mic signup, 7 p.m. $3, coffee and snacks included. Free to children under 12. 942-3827.
• Family ramble with environmental educator Cyndi Kuhn, 11 a.m.-noon June 15, Fields Pond Audubon Center. $5 member families; $10 others. 989-2591.