HOLDEN, Maine — Fire crews responding to reports of a building fire late Sunday afternoon instead found the smoldering remains of an old television on the back deck, according to a Holden firefighter.
Holden Fire Department was called to a residence at 23 Kidder Hill Road, near the Dunkin’ Donuts, shortly after 4:30 p.m. When they arrived a few minutes later, they found what was once an old television on fire out back, according to firefighter John Goulet.
Goulet said the homeowners were keeping the television on the back deck until they could dispose of it. Goulet said firefighters aren’t sure how the TV caught fire. He said he believed it was an older television because it appeared to have false wood paneling on the sides.
No one was home at the time of the fire, according to Goulet.
Except for some melted siding, the home was not damaged, according to Goulet. Bystanders had mostly extinguished the blaze by the time firefighters arrived, he said.
Crews from Orrington, Brewer, Dedham and Eddington also were dispatched to the scene, but those calls were quickly canceled.