• The Salvation Army is accepting drop-offs of donated goods at Republic Jewelry & Collectibles, 212 Center St., Auburn
• The Salvation Army is also accepting nonperishable items at its facility at 67 Park St., Lewiston
• Papa John’s pizza at 850 Lisbon St. in Lewiston is offering a free one-topping pizza to anyone who drops off three or more canned goods or nonperishable food items to donate to fire victims. For information, can call the store at 786-7272.
The Root Cellar, an interdenominational Christian mission founded to support inner-city youth and their families, is offering two ways to help: Drop off gift cards, toiletries and microwavable foods at the Root Cellar, 89 Birch St., or go to this link, which will connect donors of specific items with fire victims in need of those specific items: http://www.therootcellar.org/?page_id=1443/.
• Russell Park Rehabilitation and Living Center at 158 Russell St., Lewiston, will hold a fundraiser for fire victims from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 7. All proceeds of a hot dog sale will go to the victims. Visitors are also encouraged to drop off nonperishable food and toiletries.
• All proceeds from the ninth annual Remembering Town Rowe Concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, May 11, at the First Universalist Church, 160 Pleasant St., Auburn, will help fire victims. Tickets are $28.
• Organizations helping the fire victims are appealing for cash donations. Donations can be sent to:
• The American Red Cross — United Valley Chapter, c/o Executive Director Jennifer Gaylord, 1180 Lisbon St., Lewiston, 04240, RE: Lewiston Downtown Fires
• The Salvation Army, 67 Park St., Lewiston, 04240, RE: Lewiston Downtown Fires
• MaineHousing and other agencies are asking landlords with vacant apartments to post their vacancies for free on MaineHousingSearch.org. MaineHousing also maintains a list of subsidized housing units in Maine.
• Those displaced are encouraged to attend a housing fair from 1 to 5 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, at DHHS’s Lewiston office at 200 Main St. Property managers and landlords with vacancies are encouraged to attend to connect with fire victims as well. You can find more information here.