Neighborhood Bird walks will take place in the Bangor area, 7-8:30 a.m. during May. The schedule is:
• Wednesday, May 8, Indian Trail and Penobscot County Conservation Association, Brewer, with
Gordon Russell and Jane Rosinski. Meet at the association building, North Main St.
• Friday, May 10, Falk property, Hinckley Hill Road, Carmel, with Laura Levenson and Elizabeth Payne.
• Saturday, May 11, Fields Pond Audubon Center, Holden, with Bruce Barker and Jerry Smith. Meet in the center’s parking lot.
• Monday, May 13, Northeast Penjajawoc Preserve, Bangor, with Bob Milardo and Elizabeth Payne. Meet at the kiosk on Kittredge Road just before the power lines. Co-sponsored by Bangor Land Trust.
• Wednesday, May 15, Mt. Hope Cemetery, Bangor, with Jim and Kathy Zeman. Meet in the parking area inside the State Street entrance.
• Thursday, May 16: Essex Woods, Bangor, with Bob Duchesne. Meet in the parking lot at the end of Watchmaker Road.
• Friday, May 17, Bangor City Forest, Bangor, with Paul Corcoran. Meet at City Forest parking area at end of Kittredge Road.
• Saturday, May 18, Walden Parke Preserve, Bangor, with Bill Glanz. Co-sponsored by Bangor Land Trust. From Essex Street turn into Walden Parke Way, then right on Tamarack Trail to meet at its end.
• Monday, May 20: University of Maine campus, Orono, with Sandi Duchesne. Meet in the rear of the University Credit Union parking lot, Rangeley Road.
• Tuesday, May 21, Leonard’s Mills, Bradley, with Bob Duchesne. Meet at the junction of Government Road and Route 178.
• Wednesday, May 22, Kenduskeag Stream Trail, Bangor, with Hope Brogunier, Gordon Russell and Jane Rosinski. Meet in second parking lot upstream of the intersection of Valley Avenue and Bruce Road.
• Thursday, May 23, West Penjajawoc Preserve, Bangor, with Lucy Quimby and Elizabeth Payne. Meet at dead end of Fox Hollow Lane, off Essex Street. Co-sponsored by Bangor Land Trust.
• Friday May 24, Technology Park, Orono, with Jerry Longcore and Jim Bird. Meet in the parking lot behind the Microdyne Building on Godfrey Drive.
For information, go to maineaudubon.org/events/2013/neighborhood-bird-walks-bangor-area-may/.