Holden’s $2.39 million draft budget headed to voters in June

By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff
Posted April 24, 2013, at 3:49 p.m.

HOLDEN, Maine — The preliminary $2.39 million budget for fiscal year 2013-14 was presented for the first time at a public hearing held Monday and passed unanimously with no public comment, Town Manager John Butts said Tuesday.

“The recommendation by the council and budget committee was a $2,389,305 budget, which was less than a 1 percent increase over last year’s budget,” the town manager said.

This year’s operating budget is $2,370,967, he said.

The budget will be finalized at the annual town meeting, scheduled for 7 p.m., Wednesday, June 12 at Holden Elementary School, and local elections are the day before, June 11.

Two Town Council seats and one school board post are up for grabs and nomination papers must be turned in by the close of business on Friday.

The seats of council incumbents John Bryant and Paul Amorosa and RSU board member Christopher Doering will be decided during the upcoming local elections.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/04/24/news/bangor/holdens-2-39-million-draft-budget-headed-to-voters-in-june/ printed on August 29, 2014