Bomb threat prompts evacuation at Auburn Walmart

Posted April 19, 2013, at 5:58 p.m.

AUBURN, Maine — A bomb threat phoned in to the Auburn Walmart store Friday afternoon prompted a half-hour evacuation, according to city police.

The call came in about 2 p.m., according to Deputy Police Chief Jason Moen. He said that the store was temporarily closed while police and Walmart managers searched the store. No bomb was found, he said.

“We were able to determine that it was a hoax,” Moen said, adding that no one had been charged in connection with the threat as of late Friday afternoon.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Lewiston-Auburn