Week-old investigation into Bangor stabbing still ongoing, AG says

Posted April 16, 2013, at 12 p.m.
Assistant Attorney General William Stokes
Assistant Attorney General William Stokes

BANGOR, Maine — Whether the person holding the knife used to fatally stab a resident of Birch Circle apartments last week will face charges is still an unanswered question, Assistant Attorney General William Stokes said Tuesday.

“The investigation is continuing,” said Stokes, who leads the criminal division in the Maine attorney general’s office. “At this point, I really don’t want to comment.”

Thomas N. Taylor, 30, died on April 9 from “a stab wound to the chest” and had a “perforation of the lungs and heart,” Mark Belserene, a spokesman for the state medical examiner’s office said last week.

Police were called to Taylor’s residence at the Birch Circle apartments, located at 1160 Ohio St., for an altercation shortly after 6 p.m. and found Taylor in the parking lot bleeding from the stab wound, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said.

Taylor, who was the father of a young boy, was taken to Eastern Maine Medical Center, where he later died.

The man who wielded the knife and others in a vehicle that left the scene after the stabbing have been interviewed, Edwards said. What led to the argument is a question the sergeant said he could not answer.

The police department’s Evidence Response Team went to the Bangor Housing Authority complex and spent hours collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses.

Since the investigation is ongoing, “It’s too early to say at this point,” whether anyone will be charged, Stokes said.

Those with information about or who witnessed the stabbing can call the Bangor Police Department at 947-7382. The anonymous tip line can be reached by pressing 6.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Bangor