Comments for: University of Maine’s Memorial Union evacuated briefly after kitchen fire

Posted March 19, 2013, at 11:11 a.m.

ORONO | Memorial Union at the University of Maine was evacuated for a short time Tuesday morning after a small fire broke out in the kitchen, according to a university spokeswoman. The fire flared up in the union’s marketplace around 10:30 a.m., prompting a response by Orono Fire Department …

Guidelines for posting on

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

Similar Articles