Harrison woman who was burned trying to put out kitchen fire released from hospital

Posted March 05, 2013, at 6:06 a.m.

HARRISON, Maine — A woman who was burned while trying to put out a kitchen fire was released from Bridgton Hospital, hospital spokeswoman Pamela Smith said Monday.

Alison Flagg’s face was burned Sunday afternoon, according to firefighters, when she tried to stop a fire that eventually destroyed a cabin owned by her boyfriend, Steve Fogg.

The Office of the State Fire Marshall didn’t respond to a call Monday, but Harrison Town Manager George Finch said the fire is believed to have been caused by overheated cooking oil.

Fire crews arrived at the scene at around 2:30 p.m. Sunday to find it fully engulfed. Harrison firefighters were assisted by Paris, Waterford, Norway, Otisfield, Naples and Bridgton fire departments. The fire took about 45 minutes to extinguish.